New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.9
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Memory corruption due to incorrect socket cloning (CVE-2018-9568)
* kernel: Missing check in fs/inode.c:inode_init_owner() does not clear SGID bit on non-directories for non-members (CVE-2018-13405)
* kernel: nfs: use-after-free in svc_process_common() (CVE-2018-16884)
* kernel: nfs: NULL pointer dereference due to an anomalized NFS message sequence (CVE-2018-16871)
* kernel: hw: Spectre SWAPGS gadget vulnerability (CVE-2019-1125)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Backport TCP follow-up for small buffers [mrg-r] (BZ#1732110)
* update the MRG 2.5.z 3.10 realtime-kernel sources (BZ#1734469)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.