SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for libtiff is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The libtiff packages contain a library of functions for manipulating Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) files.
Security Fix(es) :
* libtiff: buffer overflow in gif2tiff (CVE-2016-3186)
* libtiff: Heap-based buffer overflow in the cpSeparateBufToContigBuf function resulting in a denial of service or possibly code execution (CVE-2018-12900)
* libtiff: Out-of-bounds write in tif_jbig.c (CVE-2018-18557)
* libtiff: NULL pointer dereference in tif_print.c:TIFFPrintDirectory() causes a denial of service (CVE-2018-7456)
* libtiff: heap-based buffer overflow in tif_lzw.c:LZWDecodeCompat() allows for denial of service (CVE-2018-8905)
* libtiff: heap-based buffer over-read in TIFFWriteScanline function in tif_write.c (CVE-2018-10779)
* libtiff: reachable assertion in TIFFWriteDirectorySec function in tif_dirwrite.c (CVE-2018-10963)
* libtiff: Integer overflow in multiply_ms in tools/ppm2tiff.c (CVE-2018-17100)
* libtiff: Two out-of-bounds writes in cpTags in tools/tiff2bw.c and tools/ pal2rgb.c (CVE-2018-17101)
* libtiff: tiff2bw tool failed memory allocation leads to crash (CVE-2018-18661)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected libtiff packages.