Scientific Linux Security Update : libtiff on SL7.x x86_64
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 128236
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- libtiff: buffer overflow in gif2tiff (CVE-2016-3186)
- libtiff: Heap-based buffer overflow in the cpSeparateBufToContigBuf function resulting in a denial of service or possibly code execution (CVE-2018-12900)
- libtiff: Out-of-bounds write in tif_jbig.c (CVE-2018-18557)
- libtiff: NULL pointer dereference in tif_print.c:TIFFPrintDirectory() causes a denial of service (CVE-2018-7456)
- libtiff: heap-based buffer overflow in tif_lzw.c:LZWDecodeCompat() allows for denial of service (CVE-2018-8905)
- libtiff: heap-based buffer over-read in TIFFWriteScanline function in tif_write.c (CVE-2018-10779)
- libtiff: reachable assertion in TIFFWriteDirectorySec function in tif_dirwrite.c (CVE-2018-10963)
- libtiff: Integer overflow in multiply_ms in tools/ppm2tiff.c (CVE-2018-17100)
- libtiff: Two out-of-bounds writes in cpTags in tools/tiff2bw.c and tools/pal2rgb.c (CVE-2018-17101)
- libtiff: tiff2bw tool failed memory allocation leads to crash (CVE-2018-18661)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.