New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- libtiff: buffer overflow in gif2tiff (CVE-2016-3186)
- libtiff: Heap-based buffer overflow in the cpSeparateBufToContigBuf function resulting in a denial of service or possibly code execution (CVE-2018-12900)
- libtiff: Out-of-bounds write in tif_jbig.c (CVE-2018-18557)
- libtiff: NULL pointer dereference in tif_print.c:TIFFPrintDirectory() causes a denial of service (CVE-2018-7456)
- libtiff: heap-based buffer overflow in tif_lzw.c:LZWDecodeCompat() allows for denial of service (CVE-2018-8905)
- libtiff: heap-based buffer over-read in TIFFWriteScanline function in tif_write.c (CVE-2018-10779)
- libtiff: reachable assertion in TIFFWriteDirectorySec function in tif_dirwrite.c (CVE-2018-10963)
- libtiff: Integer overflow in multiply_ms in tools/ppm2tiff.c (CVE-2018-17100)
- libtiff: Two out-of-bounds writes in cpTags in tools/tiff2bw.c and tools/pal2rgb.c (CVE-2018-17101)
- libtiff: tiff2bw tool failed memory allocation leads to crash (CVE-2018-18661)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.