SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:1951 :
An update for nss and nspr is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Network Security Services (NSS) is a set of libraries designed to support the cross-platform development of security-enabled client and server applications.
Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR) provides platform independence for non-GUI operating system facilities.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
nss (3.44.0), nspr (4.21.0). (BZ#1713187, BZ#1713188)
Security Fix(es) :
* nss: NULL pointer dereference in several CMS functions resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-18508)
* nss: Out-of-bounds read when importing curve25519 private key (CVE-2019-11719)
* nss: Empty or malformed p256-ECDH public keys may trigger a segmentation fault (CVE-2019-11729)
* nss: PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures can be used for TLS 1.3 (CVE-2019-11727)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* PQG verify fails when create DSA PQG parameters because the counts aren't returned correctly. (BZ#1685325)
* zeroization of AES context missing (BZ#1719629)
* RSA Pairwise consistency test (BZ#1719630)
* FIPS updated for nss-softoken POST (BZ#1722373)
* DH/ECDH key tests missing for the PG parameters (BZ#1722374)
* NSS should implement continuous random test on it's seed data or use the kernel AF_ALG interface for random (BZ#1725059)
* support setting supported signature algorithms in strsclnt utility (BZ# 1725110)
* certutil -F with no parameters is killed with segmentation fault message (BZ#1725115)
* NSS: Support for IKE/IPsec typical PKIX usage so libreswan can use nss without rejecting certs based on EKU (BZ#1725116)
* NSS should use getentropy() for seeding its RNG, not /dev/urandom.
Needs update to NSS 3.37 (BZ#1725117)
* Disable TLS 1.3 in FIPS mode (BZ#1725773)
* Wrong alert sent when client uses PKCS#1 signatures in TLS 1.3 (BZ#1728259)
* x25519 allowed in FIPS mode (BZ#1728260)
* post handshake authentication with selfserv does not work if SSL_ENABLE_SESSION_TICKETS is set (BZ#1728261)
* Move IKEv1 and IKEv2 KDF's from libreswan to nss-softkn (BZ#1719628)
SolutionUpdate the affected nspr and / or nss packages.