New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2019:1951 :
An update for nss and nspr is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Network Security Services (NSS) is a set of libraries designed to support the cross-platform development of security-enabled client and server applications.
Netscape Portable Runtime (NSPR) provides platform independence for non-GUI operating system facilities.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
nss (3.44.0), nspr (4.21.0). (BZ#1713187, BZ#1713188)
Security Fix(es) :
* nss: NULL pointer dereference in several CMS functions resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-18508)
* nss: Out-of-bounds read when importing curve25519 private key (CVE-2019-11719)
* nss: Empty or malformed p256-ECDH public keys may trigger a segmentation fault (CVE-2019-11729)
* nss: PKCS#1 v1.5 signatures can be used for TLS 1.3 (CVE-2019-11727)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* PQG verify fails when create DSA PQG parameters because the counts aren't returned correctly. (BZ#1685325)
* zeroization of AES context missing (BZ#1719629)
* RSA Pairwise consistency test (BZ#1719630)
* FIPS updated for nss-softoken POST (BZ#1722373)
* DH/ECDH key tests missing for the PG parameters (BZ#1722374)
* NSS should implement continuous random test on it's seed data or use the kernel AF_ALG interface for random (BZ#1725059)
* support setting supported signature algorithms in strsclnt utility (BZ# 1725110)
* certutil -F with no parameters is killed with segmentation fault message (BZ#1725115)
* NSS: Support for IKE/IPsec typical PKIX usage so libreswan can use nss without rejecting certs based on EKU (BZ#1725116)
* NSS should use getentropy() for seeding its RNG, not /dev/urandom.
Needs update to NSS 3.37 (BZ#1725117)
* Disable TLS 1.3 in FIPS mode (BZ#1725773)
* Wrong alert sent when client uses PKCS#1 signatures in TLS 1.3 (BZ#1728259)
* x25519 allowed in FIPS mode (BZ#1728260)
* post handshake authentication with selfserv does not work if SSL_ENABLE_SESSION_TICKETS is set (BZ#1728261)
* Move IKEv1 and IKEv2 KDF's from libreswan to nss-softkn (BZ#1719628)
SolutionUpdate the affected nspr and / or nss packages.