NewStart CGSL MAIN 4.05 : tomcat6 Multiple Vulnerabilities (NS-SA-2019-0117)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 127359
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version MAIN 4.05, has tomcat6 packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- It was discovered that the code that parsed the HTTP request line permitted invalid characters. This could be exploited, in conjunction with a proxy that also permitted the invalid characters but with a different interpretation, to inject data into the HTTP response.
By manipulating the HTTP response the attacker could poison a web-cache, perform an XSS attack, or obtain sensitive information from requests other then their own. (CVE-2016-6816)
- A vulnerability was discovered in Tomcat's handling of pipelined requests when Sendfile was used. If sendfile processing completed quickly, it was possible for the Processor to be added to the processor cache twice. This could lead to invalid responses or information disclosure. (CVE-2017-5647)
- A vulnerability was discovered in the error page mechanism in Tomcat's DefaultServlet implementation. A crafted HTTP request could cause undesired side effects, possibly including the removal or replacement of the custom error page. (CVE-2017-5664)
- A bug was discovered in the error handling of the send file code for the NIO HTTP connector. This led to the current Processor object being added to the Processor cache multiple times allowing information leakage between requests including, and not limited to, session ID and the response body. (CVE-2016-8745)
- A vulnerability was discovered in Tomcat where if a servlet context was configured with readonly=false and HTTP PUT requests were allowed, an attacker could upload a JSP file to that context and achieve code execution.
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL tomcat6 packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.