NewStart CGSL MAIN 4.05 : java-1.7.0-openjdk Multiple Vulnerabilities (NS-SA-2019-0105)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 127336
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version MAIN 4.05, has java-1.7.0-openjdk packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- It was found that the JAXP component of OpenJDK failed to correctly enforce parse tree size limits when parsing XML document. An attacker able to make a Java application parse a specially crafted XML document could use this flaw to make it consume an excessive amount of CPU and memory. (CVE-2017-3526)
- An untrusted library search path flaw was found in the JCE component of OpenJDK. A local attacker could possibly use this flaw to cause a Java application using JCE to load an attacker-controlled library and hence escalate their privileges. (CVE-2017-3511)
- It was discovered that the HTTP client implementation in the Networking component of OpenJDK could cache and re- use an NTLM authenticated connection in a different security context. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to make a Java application perform HTTP requests authenticated with credentials of a different user. (CVE-2017-3509)
- A newline injection flaw was discovered in the SMTP client implementation in the Networking component in OpenJDK. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to manipulate SMTP connections established by a Java application. (CVE-2017-3544)
- It was discovered that the Security component of OpenJDK did not allow users to restrict the set of algorithms allowed for Jar integrity verification. This flaw could allow an attacker to modify content of the Jar file that used weak signing key or hash algorithm. (CVE-2017-3539)
- A newline injection flaw was discovered in the FTP client implementation in the Networking component in OpenJDK. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to manipulate FTP connections established by a Java application. (CVE-2017-3533)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL java-1.7.0-openjdk packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.