NewStart CGSL CORE 5.04 / MAIN 5.04 : curl Multiple Vulnerabilities (NS-SA-2019-0039)
High Nessus Plugin ID 127212
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version CORE 5.04 / MAIN 5.04, has curl packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- curl version curl 7.20.0 to and including curl 7.59.0 contains a CWE-126: Buffer Over-read vulnerability in denial of service that can result in curl can be tricked into reading data beyond the end of a heap based buffer used to store downloaded RTSP content.. This vulnerability appears to have been fixed in curl < 7.20.0 and curl >= 7.60.0. (CVE-2018-1000301)
- It was found that libcurl did not safely parse FTP URLs when using the CURLOPT_FTP_FILEMETHOD method. An attacker, able to provide a specially crafted FTP URL to an application using libcurl, could write a NULL byte at an arbitrary location, resulting in a crash or an unspecified behavior. (CVE-2018-1000120)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way libcurl checks values returned by the openldap ldap_get_attribute_ber() function. A malicious LDAP server could use this flaw to crash a libcurl client application via a specially crafted LDAP reply.
- A buffer over-read exists in curl 7.20.0 to and including curl 7.58.0 in the RTSP+RTP handling code that allows an attacker to cause a denial of service or information leakage (CVE-2018-1000122)
- It was found that curl and libcurl might send their Authentication header to a third party HTTP server upon receiving an HTTP REDIRECT reply. This could leak authentication token to external entities.
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL curl packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.