NewStart CGSL CORE 5.04 / MAIN 5.04 : 389-ds-base Multiple Vulnerabilities (NS-SA-2019-0038)
High Nessus Plugin ID 127210
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version CORE 5.04 / MAIN 5.04, has 389-ds-base packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- A race condition was found in the way 389-ds-base handles persistent search, resulting in a crash if the server is under load. An anonymous attacker could use this flaw to trigger a denial of service.
- It was found that 389-ds-base did not properly handle long search filters with characters needing escapes, possibly leading to buffer overflows. A remote, unauthenticated attacker could potentially use this flaw to make ns-slapd crash via a specially crafted LDAP request, thus resulting in denial of service.
- A vulnerability was discovered in 389-ds-base. The lock controlling the error log was not correctly used when re-opening the log file in log__error_emergency(). An attacker could send a flood of modifications to a very large DN, which would cause slapd to crash.
- A double-free of a password policy structure was found in the way slapd was handling certain errors during persistent search. A unauthenticated attacker could use this flaw to crash Directory Server. (CVE-2018-14638)
- A flaw was found in the 389 Directory Server that allows users to cause a crash in the LDAP server using ldapsearch with server side sort. (CVE-2018-10935)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL 389-ds-base packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.