New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE Leap 15.1 was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2019-11477: A sequence of SACKs may have been crafted by a remote attacker such that one can trigger an integer overflow, leading to a kernel panic.
- CVE-2019-11478: It was possible to send a crafted sequence of SACKs which would fragment the TCP retransmission queue. A remote attacker may have been able to further exploit the fragmented queue to cause an expensive linked-list walk for subsequent SACKs received for that same TCP connection. (bsc#1137586)
- CVE-2019-11479: It was possible to send a crafted sequence of SACKs which would fragment the RACK send map. A remote attacker may be able to further exploit the fragmented send map to cause an expensive linked-list walk for subsequent SACKs received for that same TCP connection. This would have resulted in excess resource consumption due to low mss values.
- CVE-2019-12819: The function __mdiobus_register() in drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c calls put_device(), which will trigger a fixed_mdio_bus_init use-after-free. This will cause a denial of service (bnc#1138291).
- CVE-2019-12818: The nfc_llcp_build_tlv function in net/nfc/llcp_commands.c may return NULL. If the caller did not check for this, it will trigger a NULL pointer dereference. This will cause denial of service. This affects nfc_llcp_build_gb in net/nfc/llcp_core.c (bnc#1138293).
- CVE-2019-12456: An issue was discovered in the MPT3COMMAND case in _ctl_ioctl_main in drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_ctl.c that allowed local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact by changing the value of ioc_number between two kernel reads of that value, aka a 'double fetch' vulnerability. (bnc#1136922)
- CVE-2019-12380: An issue was discovered in the efi subsystem in the Linux kernel phys_efi_set_virtual_address_map in arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c and efi_call_phys_prolog in arch/x86/platform/efi/efi_64.c mishandle memory allocation failures (bnc#1136598).
- CVE-2019-3846: A flaw that allowed an attacker to corrupt memory and possibly escalate privileges was found in the mwifiex kernel module while connecting to a malicious wireless network (bnc#1136424).
- CVE-2019-10124: An attacker could exploit an issue in the hwpoison implementation to cause a denial of service (BUG). (bsc#1130699)
- CVE-2019-12382: In the drm_load_edid_firmware in drivers/gpu/drm/drm_edid_load.c was an unchecked kstrdup of fwstr, which might allow an attacker to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) (bnc#1136586).
- CVE-2019-11487: The Linux kernel allowed page->_refcount reference count overflow, with resultant use-after-free issues, if about 140 GiB of RAM exists. This is related to fs/fuse/dev.c, fs/pipe.c, fs/splice.c, include/linux/mm.h, include/linux/pipe_fs_i.h, kernel/trace/trace.c, mm/gup.c, and mm/hugetlb.c. It can occur with FUSE requests (bnc#1133190).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.