SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Satellite 5.8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP35.
Security Fix(es) :
* Oracle JDK: Unspecified vulnerability fixed in 7u221 and 8u211 (2D) (CVE-2019-2697)
* OpenJDK: Font layout engine out of bounds access setCurrGlyphID() (2D, 8219022) (CVE-2019-2698)
* OpenJDK: Slow conversion of BigDecimal to long (Libraries, 8211936) (CVE-2019-2602)
* OpenJDK: Incorrect skeleton selection in RMI registry server-side dispatch handling (RMI, 8218453) (CVE-2019-2684)
* IBM JDK: Read beyond the end of bytecode array causing JVM crash (CVE-2019-10245)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.8.0-ibm and / or java-1.8.0-ibm-devel packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2019-1325.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:P/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:java-1.8.0-ibm-devel, cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:6
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 6/4/2019
Vulnerability Publication Date: 4/19/2019