SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-ibm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
IBM Java SE version 8 includes the IBM Java Runtime Environment and the IBM Java Software Development Kit.
This update upgrades IBM Java SE 8 to version 8 SR5-FP35.
Security Fix(es) :
* IBM JDK: buffer overflow in jio_snprintf() and jio_vsnprintf() (CVE-2018-12547)
* IBM JDK: missing null check when accelerating Unsafe calls (CVE-2018-12549)
* Oracle JDK: Unspecified vulnerability fixed in 7u221 and 8u211 (2D) (CVE-2019-2697)
* OpenJDK: Font layout engine out of bounds access setCurrGlyphID() (2D, 8219022) (CVE-2019-2698)
* OpenJDK: memory disclosure in FileChannelImpl (Libraries, 8206290) (CVE-2019-2422)
* OpenJDK: Slow conversion of BigDecimal to long (Libraries, 8211936) (CVE-2019-2602)
* OpenJDK: Incorrect skeleton selection in RMI registry server-side dispatch handling (RMI, 8218453) (CVE-2019-2684)
* IBM JDK: Read beyond the end of bytecode array causing JVM crash (CVE-2019-10245)
* libjpeg-turbo: Divide By Zero in alloc_sarray function in jmemmgr.c (CVE-2018-11212)
* Oracle JDK: unspecified vulnerability fixed in 8u201 (Deployment) (CVE-2019-2449)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.