New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw was found in the USB-MIDI Linux kernel driver: a double-free error could be triggered for the 'umidi' object. An attacker with physical access to the system could use this flaw to escalate their privileges.(CVE-2016-2384i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in Linux kernel. There is an information leak in file 'sound/core/timer.c' of the latest mainline Linux kernel, the stack object aEURoetreadaEUR has a total size of 32 bytes. It contains a 8-bytes padding, which is not initialized but sent to user via copy_to_user(), resulting a kernel leak.(CVE-2016-4569i1/4%0
- The dgram_recvmsg function in net/ieee802154/dgram.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 updates a certain length value without ensuring that an associated data structure has been initialized, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a (1) recvfrom, (2) recvmmsg, or (3) recvmsg system call.(CVE-2013-7281i1/4%0
- The tcp_v6_syn_recv_sock function in net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (slab out-of-bounds write) or possibly have unspecified other impact via vectors involving TLS.(CVE-2018-5703i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the fd_locked_ioctl function in drivers/block/floppy.c in the Linux kernel. The floppy driver will copy a kernel pointer to user memory in response to the FDGETPRM ioctl. An attacker can send the FDGETPRM ioctl and use the obtained kernel pointer to discover the location of kernel code and data and bypass kernel security protections such as KASLR.(CVE-2018-7755i1/4%0
- The usbnet_generic_cdc_bind function in drivers/net/usb/cdc_ether.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (divide-by-zero error and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16649i1/4%0
- Heap-based buffer overflow in the wcnss_wlan_write function in drivers/net/wireless/wcnss/wcnss_wlan.c in the wcnss_wlan device driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact by writing to /dev/wcnss_wlan with an unexpected amount of data.(CVE-2016-5342i1/4%0
- drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (BUG and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16646i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the TIPC networking subsystem which could allow for memory corruption and possible privilege escalation. The flaw involves a system with an unusually low MTU (60) on networking devices configured as bearers for the TIPC protocol. An attacker could create a packet which will overwrite memory outside of allocated space and allow for privilege escalation.(CVE-2016-8632i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the XFS filesystem in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_inode_buf.c in the Linux kernel. A denial of service due to the NULL pointer dereference can occur for a corrupted xfs image upon encountering an inode that is in extent format, but has more extents than fit in the inode fork.(CVE-2018-13095i1/4%0
- Linux kernel built with the KVM visualization support (CONFIG_KVM), with nested visualization (nVMX) feature enabled (nested=1), is vulnerable to a crash due to disabled external interrupts. As L2 guest could access (r/w) hardware CR8 register of the host(L0). In a nested visualization setup, L2 guest user could use this flaw to potentially crash the host(L0) resulting in DoS.(CVE-2017-12154i1/4%0
- The do_double_fault function in arch/x86/kernel/traps.c in the Linux kernel through 3.17.4 does not properly handle faults associated with the Stack Segment (SS) segment register, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) via a modify_ldt system call, as demonstrated by sigreturn_32 in the linux-clock-tests test suite.(CVE-2014-9090i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's mac80211 subsystem implementation handled synchronization between TX and STA wake-up code paths.
A remote attacker could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2014-2706i1/4%0
- The snd_seq_ioctl_remove_events function in sound/core/seq/seq_clientmgr.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 does not verify FIFO assignment before proceeding with FIFO clearing, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2016-2543i1/4%0
- The gtco_probe function in drivers/input/tablet/gtco.c in the Linux kernel through 4.5.2 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted endpoints value in a USB device descriptor.(CVE-2016-2187i1/4%0
- An integer overflow flaw was found in the Linux kernel's create_elf_tables() function. An unprivileged local user with access to SUID (or otherwise privileged) binary could use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2018-14634i1/4%0
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the Netlink functionality of the Linux kernel networking subsystem.
Due to the insufficient cleanup in the mq_notify function, a local attacker could potentially use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2017-11176i1/4%0
- Array index error in the aio_read_events_ring function in fs/aio.c in the Linux kernel through 3.15.1 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a large head value.(CVE-2014-0206i1/4%0
- arch/arm/kernel/sys_oabi-compat.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4 allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted (1) F_OFD_GETLK, (2) F_OFD_SETLK, or (3) F_OFD_SETLKW command in an fcntl64 system call.(CVE-2015-8966i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 4.17.2. The filter parsing in kernel/trace/trace_events_filter.c could be called with no filter, which is an N=0 case when it expected at least one line to have been read, thus making the N-1 index invalid. This allows attackers to cause a denial of service (slab out-of-bounds write) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted perf_event_open and mmap system calls.(CVE-2018-12714i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.