New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A buffer overflow was discovered in tpacket_rcv() function in the Linux kernel since v4.6-rc1 through v4.13. A number of socket-related syscalls can be made to set up a configuration when each packet received by a network interface can cause writing up to 10 bytes to a kernel memory outside of a kernel buffer. This can cause unspecified kernel data corruption effects, including damage of in-memory and on-disk XFS data.(CVE-2017-14497i1/4%0
- The qmi_wwan_bind function in drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (divide-by-zero error and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16650i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's SCTP implementation handled sctp_accept() during the processing of heartbeat timeout events. A remote attacker could use this flaw to prevent further connections to be accepted by the SCTP server running on the system, resulting in a denial of service.(CVE-2015-8767i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's KVM subsystem handled PIT (Programmable Interval Timer) emulation. A guest user who has access to the PIT I/O ports could use this flaw to crash the host.(CVE-2014-3611i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel is vulnerable to a memory leak in the drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c:hwsim_new_radio_n l() function. An attacker could exploit this to cause a potential denial of service.(CVE-2018-8087i1/4%0
- An integer underflow flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) implementation processed certain COOKIE_ECHO packets. By sending a specially crafted SCTP packet, a remote attacker could use this flaw to prevent legitimate connections to a particular SCTP server socket to be made.(CVE-2014-4667i1/4%0
- The cx231xx_usb_probe function in drivers/media/usb/cx231xx/cx231xx-cards.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16536i1/4%0
- The snd_usb_create_streams function in sound/usb/card.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.13.6, allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16529i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's random number generator API. A null pointer dereference in the rngapi_reset function may result in denial of service, crashing the system.(CVE-2017-15116i1/4%0
- The __netlink_deliver_tap_skb function in net/netlink/af_netlink.c in the Linux kernel, through 4.14.4, does not restrict observations of Netlink messages to a single net namespace, when CONFIG_NLMON is enabled. This allows local users to obtain sensitive information by leveraging the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability to sniff an nlmon interface for all Netlink activity on the system.(CVE-2017-17449i1/4%0
- arch/arm64/kernel/perf_event.c in the Linux kernel before 4.1 on arm64 platforms allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference) via vectors involving events that are mishandled during a span of multiple HW PMUs.(CVE-2015-8955i1/4%0
- The aac_compat_ioctl function in drivers/scsi/aacraid/linit.c in the Linux kernel before 3.11.8 does not require the CAP_SYS_RAWIO capability, which allows local users to bypass intended access restrictions via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2013-6383i1/4%0
- Linux kernel before version 4.16-rc7 is vulnerable to a null pointer dereference in dccp_write_xmit() function in net/dccp/output.c in that allows a local user to cause a denial of service by a number of certain crafted system calls.(CVE-2018-1130i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel is vulerable to a use-after-free flaw when Transformation User configuration interface(CONFIG_XFRM_USER) compile-time configuration were enabled. This vulnerability occurs while closing a xfrm netlink socket in xfrm_dump_policy_done. A user/process could abuse this flaw to potentially escalate their privileges on a system.(CVE-2017-16939i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel in function rds_inc_info_copy of file net/rds/recv.c. The last field 'flags' of object 'minfo' is not initialized. This can leak data previously at the flags location to userspace.(CVE-2016-5244i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the kernel's ACPI interpreter when it does not flush the operand cache and causes a kernel stack dump. This allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism.(CVE-2017-13693i1/4%0
- It was found that kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel mishandles counter grouping, which allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted application, related to the perf_pmu_register and perf_event_open functions.(CVE-2015-9004i1/4%0
- The xfs_bmap_extents_to_btree function in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_bmap.c in the Linux kernel through 4.16.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (xfs_bmapi_write NULL pointer dereference) via a crafted xfs image.(CVE-2018-10323i1/4%0
- The lrw_crypt() function in 'crypto/lrw.c' in the Linux kernel before 4.5 allows local users to cause a system crash and a denial of service by the NULL pointer dereference via accept(2) system call for AF_ALG socket without calling setkey() first to set a cipher key.(CVE-2015-8970i1/4%0
- The IPv6 fragmentation implementation in the Linux kernel does not consider that the nexthdr field may be associated with an invalid option, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and BUG) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted socket and send system calls. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-9074i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.