SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An out-of-bounds memory access flaw was found in the Linux kernel's system call auditing implementation. On a system with existing audit rules defined, a local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to leak kernel memory to user space or, potentially, crash the system.(CVE-2014-3917i1/4%0
- The net/netfilter/nfnetlink_cthelper.c function in the Linux kernel through 4.14.4 does not require the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability for new, get, and del operations. This allows local users to bypass intended access restrictions because the nfnl_cthelper_list data structure is shared across all net namespaces.(CVE-2017-17448i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found between the chown and execve system calls. When changing the owner of a setuid user binary to root, the race condition could momentarily make the binary setuid root. A local, unprivileged user could potentially use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-3339i1/4%0
- Keberos 5 tickets being decoded when using the RXRPC keys incorrectly assumes the size of a field. This could lead to the size-remaining variable wrapping and the data pointer going over the end of the buffer. This could possibly lead to memory corruption and possible privilege escalation.(CVE-2017-7482i1/4%0
- The nfs_can_extend_write function in fs/nfs/write.c in the Linux kernel before 3.13.3 relies on a write delegation to extend a write operation without a certain up-to-date verification, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory in opportunistic circumstances by writing to a file in an NFS filesystem and then reading the same file.(CVE-2014-2038i1/4%0
- KVM in the Linux kernel before 4.8.12, when I/O APIC is enabled, does not properly restrict the VCPU index, which allows guest OS users to gain host OS privileges or cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds array access and host OS crash) via a crafted interrupt request, related to arch/x86/kvm/ioapic.c and arch/x86/kvm/ioapic.h.(CVE-2016-9777i1/4%0
- The instruction decoder in arch/x86/kvm/emulate.c in the KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel before 3.18-rc2 lacks intended decoder-table flags for certain RIP-relative instructions, which allows guest OS users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and host OS crash) via a crafted application.(CVE-2014-8480i1/4%0
- arch/x86/kernel/entry_32.S in the Linux kernel through 3.15.1 on 32-bit x86 platforms, when syscall auditing is enabled and the sep CPU feature flag is set, allows local users to cause a denial of service (OOPS and system crash) via an invalid syscall number, as demonstrated by number 1000.(CVE-2014-4508i1/4%0
- The overlayfs implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.5.2 does not properly restrict the mount namespace, which allows local users to gain privileges by mounting an overlayfs filesystem on top of a FUSE filesystem, and then executing a crafted setuid program.(CVE-2016-1576i1/4%0
- A use-after-free vulnerability was found when issuing an ioctl to a sound device. This could allow a user to exploit a race condition and create memory corruption or possibly privilege escalation.(CVE-2017-15265i1/4%0
- The drivers/uwb/uwbd.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.13.6, allows local users to cause a denial of service (general protection fault and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16526i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel was found vulnerable to a NULL pointer dereference in the drivers/net/phy/mdio-bcm-unimac.c:unimac_mdio_probe() function caused by an unchecked return value from the platform_get_resource() function. A successful flaw exploitation can cause a system panic and a denial of service. This flaw is believed not to be an attacker triggerable as bad return value can be caused by hardware misconfiguration.(CVE-2018-8043i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel SCSI subsystem, which allowed a local user to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (memory corruption and system crash) by issuing an SG_IO ioctl call while a device was being detached.(CVE-2015-8962i1/4%0
- The xc2028_set_config function in drivers/media/tuners/tuner-xc2028.c in the Linux kernel before 4.6 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via vectors involving omission of the firmware name from a certain data structure. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2016-7913i1/4%0
- drivers/staging/ozwpan/ozusbsvc1.c in the OZWPAN driver in the Linux kernel through 4.0.5 does not ensure that certain length values are sufficiently large, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system crash or large loop) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted packet, related to the (1) oz_usb_rx and (2) oz_usb_handle_ep_data functions.(CVE-2015-4002i1/4%0
- Race condition in the environ_read() function in 'fs/proc/base.c' in the Linux kernel before 4.5.4 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by reading a '/proc/*/environ' file during a process-setup time interval in which environment-variable copying is incomplete.(CVE-2016-7916i1/4%0
- Integer signedness error in the oz_hcd_get_desc_cnf function in drivers/staging/ozwpan/ozhcd.c in the OZWPAN driver in the Linux kernel through 4.0.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted packet.(CVE-2015-4001i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel when peeling off an association to the socket in another network namespace. All transports in this association are not to be rehashed and keep using the old key in hashtable, thus removing transports from hashtable when closing the socket, all transports are being freed.
Later on a use-after-free issue could be caused when looking up an association and dereferencing the transports.(CVE-2017-15115i1/4%0
- The evm_verify_hmac function in security/integrity/evm/evm_main.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5 does not properly copy data, which makes it easier for local users to forge MAC values via a timing side-channel attack.(CVE-2016-2085i1/4%0
- A flaw was discovered in processing setsockopt for 32 bit processes on 64 bit systems. This flaw will allow attackers to alter arbitrary kernel memory when unloading a kernel module. This action is usually restricted to root-privileged users but can also be leveraged if the kernel is compiled with CONFIG_USER_NS and CONFIG_NET_NS and the user is granted elevated privileges.(CVE-2016-4997i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.