New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A double free vulnerability was found in netlink_dump, which could cause a denial of service or possibly other unspecified impact. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2016-9806i1/4%0
- Memory leak in drivers/media/video/videobuf-core.c in the videobuf subsystem in the Linux kernel 2.6.x through 4.x allows local users to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by leveraging /dev/video access for a series of mmap calls that require new allocations, a different vulnerability than CVE-2007-6761. NOTE: as of 2016-06-18, this affects only 11 drivers that have not been updated to use videobuf2 instead of videobuf.(CVE-2010-5321i1/4%0
- ** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided.(CVE-2018-1108i1/4%0
- The KVM implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.20.5 has an Information Leak.(CVE-2019-7222i1/4%0
- The adreno_perfcounter_query_group function in drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_perfcounter.c in the Adreno GPU driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, uses an incorrect integer data type, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service (integer overflow, heap-based buffer overflow, and incorrect memory allocation) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted IOCTL_KGSL_PERFCOUNTER_QUERY ioctl call.(CVE-2016-2062i1/4%0
- drivers/hid/hid-ntrig.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_NTRIG is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2896i1/4%0
- The wacom_probe function in drivers/input/tablet/wacom_sys.c in the Linux kernel before 3.17 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted endpoints value in a USB device descriptor.(CVE-2016-3139i1/4%0
- An integer overflow vulnerability in ip6_find_1stfragopt() function was found. A local attacker that has privileges (of CAP_NET_RAW) to open raw socket can cause an infinite loop inside the ip6_find_1stfragopt() function.(CVE-2017-7542i1/4%0
- Memory leak in the virtio_gpu_object_create function in drivers/gpu/drm/virtio/virtgpu_object.c in the Linux kernel through 4.11.8 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering object-initialization failures.(CVE-2017-10810i1/4%0
- The ping_recvmsg function in net/ipv4/ping.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 does not properly interact with read system calls on ping sockets, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) by leveraging unspecified privileges to execute a crafted application.(CVE-2013-6432i1/4%0
- The madvise_willneed function in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) by triggering use of MADVISE_WILLNEED for a DAX mapping.(CVE-2017-18208i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 4.18.8. The vmacache_flush_all function in mm/vmacache.c mishandles sequence number overflows. An attacker can trigger a use-after-free (and possibly gain privileges) via certain thread creation, map, unmap, invalidation, and dereference operations.(CVE-2018-17182i1/4%0
- The ieee80211_radiotap_iterator_init function in net/wireless/radiotap.c in the Linux kernel before 3.11.7 does not check whether a frame contains any data outside of the header, which might allow attackers to cause a denial of service (buffer over-read) via a crafted header.(CVE-2013-7027i1/4%0
- The Btrfs implementation in the Linux kernel before 3.19 does not ensure that the visible xattr state is consistent with a requested replacement, which allows local users to bypass intended ACL settings and gain privileges via standard filesystem operations (1) during an xattr-replacement time window, related to a race condition, or (2) after an xattr-replacement attempt that fails because the data does not fit.(CVE-2014-9710i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) implementation handled duplicate Address Configuration Change Chunks (ASCONF). A remote attacker could use either of these flaws to crash the system.(CVE-2014-3687i1/4%0
- A syntax vulnerability was discovered in the kernel's ASN1.1 DER decoder, which could lead to memory corruption or a complete local denial of service through x509 certificate DER files. A local system user could use a specially created key file to trigger BUG_ON() in the public_key_verify_signature() function (crypto/asymmetric_keys/public_key.c), to cause a kernel panic and crash the system.(CVE-2016-2053i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's KVM subsystem did not handle the VM exits gracefully for the invept (Invalidate Translations Derived from EPT) instructions. On hosts with an Intel processor and invept VM exit support, an unprivileged guest user could use these instructions to crash the guest.(CVE-2014-3645i1/4%0
- The packet_recvmsg function in net/packet/af_packet.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 updates a certain length value before ensuring that an associated data structure has been initialized, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a (1) recvfrom, (2) recvmmsg, or (3) recvmsg system call.(CVE-2013-7270i1/4%0
- The init_new_context function in arch/x86/include/asm/mmu_context.h in the Linux kernel, before 4.12.10, does not correctly handle errors from LDT table allocation when forking a new process. This could allow a local attacker to achieve a use-after-free or possibly have unspecified other impact by running a specially crafted program.(CVE-2017-17053i1/4%0
- It was found that the sanity_check_raw_super() function in 'fs/f2fs/super.c' file in the Linux kernel before version 4.12-rc1 does not validate the f2fs filesystem segment count. This allows an unprivileged local user to cause a system panic and DoS. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-10662i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.