New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel through 4.19, a use-after-free can occur due to a race condition between fanout_add from setsockopt and bind on an AF_PACKET socket. This issue exists because of the 15fe076edea787807a7cdc168df832544b58eba6 incomplete fix for a race condition. The code mishandles a certain multithreaded case involving a packet_do_bind unregister action followed by a packet_notifier register action. Later, packet_release operates on only one of the two applicable linked lists. The attacker can achieve Program Counter control.(CVE-2018-18559i1/4%0
- The acpi_ns_terminate() function in drivers/acpi/acpica/nsutils.c in the Linux kernel before 4.12 does not flush the operand cache and causes a kernel stack dump. A local users could obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism (in the kernel through 4.9) via a crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-11472i1/4%0
- Race condition in net/packet/af_packet.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service (use-after-free) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a multithreaded application that makes PACKET_FANOUT setsockopt system calls.(CVE-2017-6346i1/4%0
- Multiple race conditions in ipc/shm.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.2 allow local users to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that uses shmctl IPC_RMID operations in conjunction with other shm system calls.(CVE-2013-7026i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel. A NULL pointer dereference and panic in hfsplus_lookup() in the fs/hfsplus/dir.c function can occur when opening a file (that is purportedly a hard link) in an hfs+ filesystem that has malformed catalog data, and is mounted read-only without a metadata directory.(CVE-2018-14617i1/4%0
- The treo_attach function in drivers/usb/serial/visor.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by inserting a USB device that lacks a (1) bulk-in or (2) interrupt-in endpoint.(CVE-2016-2782i1/4%0
- An information-exposure flaw was found in the Linux kernel where the pcpu_embed_first_chunk() function in mm/percpu.c allows local users to obtain kernel-object address information by reading the kernel log (dmesg).
However, this address is not static and cannot be used to commit a further attack.(CVE-2018-5995i1/4%0
- Buffer overflow in net/ceph/auth_x.c in Ceph, as used in the Linux kernel before 3.16.3, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption and panic) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a long unencrypted auth ticket.(CVE-2014-6416i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's ptrace subsystem allowed a traced process' instruction pointer to be set to a non-canonical memory address without forcing the non-sysret code path when returning to user space. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system.Note: The CVE-2014-4699 issue only affected systems using an Intel CPU.(CVE-2014-4699i1/4%0
- The snd_compr_tstamp function in sound/core/compress_offload.c in the Linux kernel through 4.7, as used in Android before 2016-08-05 on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013) devices, does not properly initialize a timestamp data structure, which allows attackers to obtain sensitive information via a crafted application, aka Android internal bug 28770164 and Qualcomm internal bug CR568717.(CVE-2014-9892i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's ext4 file system handled the 'page size i1/4z block size' condition when the fallocate zero range functionality was used. A local attacker could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2015-0275i1/4%0
- An information leak flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's ISO9660 file system implementation accessed data on an ISO9660 image with RockRidge Extension Reference (ER) records. An attacker with physical access to the system could use this flaw to disclose up to 255 bytes of kernel memory.(CVE-2014-9584i1/4%0
- The pivot_root implementation in fs/namespace.c in the Linux kernel through 3.17 does not properly interact with certain locations of a chroot directory, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (mount-tree loop) via . (dot) values in both arguments to the pivot_root system call.(CVE-2014-7970i1/4%0
- arch/x86/kvm/emulate.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8.12 does not properly initialize Code Segment (CS) in certain error cases, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a crafted application.(CVE-2016-9756i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel where the swiotlb_print_info() function in lib/swiotlb.c allows local users to obtain some kernel address information by reading the kernel log (dmesg). This address is not useful to commit a further attack.(CVE-2018-5953i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's file system implementation handled rename operations in which the source was inside and the destination was outside of a bind mount. A privileged user inside a container could use this flaw to escape the bind mount and, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-2925i1/4%0
- A use-after-free fault in the Linux kernel's usbtv driver could allow an attacker to cause a denial of service (system crash), or have unspecified other impacts, by triggering failure of audio registration of USB hardware using the usbtv kernel module.(CVE-2017-17975i1/4%0
- The mm subsystem in the Linux kernel through 4.10.10 does not properly enforce the CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM protection mechanism, which allows local users to read or write to kernel memory locations in the first megabyte (and bypass slab-allocation access restrictions) via an application that opens the /dev/mem file, related to arch/x86/mm/init.c and drivers/char/mem.c.(CVE-2017-7889i1/4%0
- A flaw was discovered in the way the kernel allows stackable filesystems to overlay. A local attacker who is able to mount filesystems can abuse this flaw to escalate privileges.(CVE-2014-9922i1/4%0
- sound/core/timer.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 retains certain linked lists after a close or stop action, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) via a crafted ioctl call, related to the (1) snd_timer_close and (2)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.