SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The NFSv2 and NFSv3 server implementations in the Linux kernel through 4.10.13 lacked certain checks for the end of a buffer. A remote attacker could trigger a pointer-arithmetic error or possibly cause other unspecified impacts using crafted requests related to fs/nfsd/nfs3xdr.c and fs/nfsd/nfsxdr.c.(CVE-2017-7895i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ACPI subsystem where a function does not flush the operand cache and causes a kernel stack dump. This allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism when using a specially crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-13695i1/4%0
- It was found that fanout_add() in 'net/packet/af_packet.c' in the Linux kernel, before version 4.13.6, allows local users to gain privileges via crafted system calls that trigger mishandling of packet_fanout data structures, because of a race condition (involving fanout_add and packet_do_bind) that leads to a use-after-free bug.(CVE-2017-15649i1/4%0
- Race condition in kernel/ucount.c in the Linux kernel through 4.10.2 allows local users to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls that leverage certain decrement behavior that causes incorrect interaction between put_ucounts and get_ucounts.(CVE-2017-6874i1/4%0
- An out-of-bounds memory access flaw, CVE-2014-7825, was found in the syscall tracing functionality of the Linux kernel's perf subsystem. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system. Additionally, an out-of-bounds memory access flaw, CVE-2014-7826, was found in the syscall tracing functionality of the Linux kernel's ftrace subsystem. On a system with ftrace syscall tracing enabled, a local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system, or escalate their privileges.(CVE-2014-7825i1/4%0
- The Salsa20 encryption algorithm in the Linux kernel, before 4.14.8, does not correctly handle zero-length inputs. This allows a local attacker the ability to use the AF_ALG-based skcipher interface to cause a denial of service (uninitialized-memory free and kernel crash) or have an unspecified other impact by executing a crafted sequence of system calls that use the blkcipher_walk API. Both the generic implementation (crypto/salsa20_generic.c) and x86 implementation (arch/x86/crypto/salsa20_glue.c) of Salsa20 are vulnerable.(CVE-2017-17805i1/4%0
- The msm_ipc_router_bind_control_port function in net/ipc_router/ipc_router_core.c in the IPC router kernel module for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, does not verify that a port is a client port, which allows attackers to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (race condition and list corruption) by making many BIND_CONTROL_PORT ioctl calls.(CVE-2016-2059i1/4%0
- The do_remount function in fs/namespace.c in the Linux kernel through 3.16.1 does not maintain the MNT_LOCK_READONLY bit across a remount of a bind mount, which allows local users to bypass an intended read-only restriction and defeat certain sandbox protection mechanisms via a 'mount -o remount' command within a user namespace.(CVE-2014-5206i1/4%0
- The ati_remote2_probe function in drivers/input/misc/ati_remote2.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted endpoints value in a USB device descriptor.(CVE-2016-2185i1/4%0
- It was found that the fix for CVE-2014-3601 was incomplete: the Linux kernel's kvm_iommu_map_pages() function still handled IOMMU mapping failures incorrectly. A privileged user in a guest with an assigned host device could use this flaw to crash the host.(CVE-2014-8369i1/4%0
- A NULL pointer dereference was found in net/rds/rdma.c:__rds_rdma_map() function in the Linux kernel allowing local attackers to cause a system panic and a denial-of-service.(CVE-2018-7492i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the XFS filesystem in fs/xfs/xfs_icache.c in the Linux kernel. There is a NULL pointer dereference leading to a system panic in lookup_slow() on a NULL inode-i1/4zi_ops pointer when doing pathwalks on a corrupted xfs image. This occurs because of a lack of proper validation that cached inodes are free during an allocation.(CVE-2018-13093i1/4%0
- The iowarrior_probe function in drivers/usb/misc/iowarrior.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted endpoints value in a USB device descriptor.(CVE-2016-2188i1/4%0
- Linux kernel built with the 802.1Q/802.1ad VLAN(CONFIG_VLAN_8021Q) OR Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network(CONFIG_VXLAN) with Transparent Ethernet Bridging(TEB) GRO support, is vulnerable to a stack overflow issue. It could occur while receiving large packets via GRO path, as an unlimited recursion could unfold in both VLAN and TEB modules, leading to a stack corruption in the kernel.(CVE-2016-7039i1/4%0
- The msr_mtrr_valid function in arch/x86/kvm/mtrr.c in the Linux kernel before 4.6.1 supports MSR 0x2f8, which allows guest OS users to read or write to the kvm_arch_vcpu data structure, and consequently obtain sensitive information or cause a denial of service (system crash), via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2016-3713i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's VFS subsystem handled reference counting when performing unmount operations on symbolic links. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to exhaust all available memory on the system or, potentially, trigger a use-after-free error, resulting in a system crash or privilege escalation.(CVE-2014-5045i1/4%0
- The KEYS subsystem in the Linux kernel before 4.13.10 does not correctly synchronize the actions of updating versus finding a key in the 'negative' state to avoid a race condition, which allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls.(CVE-2017-15951i1/4%0
- The skb_flow_dissect function in net/core/flow_dissector.c in the Linux kernel through 3.12 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a small value in the IHL field of a packet with IPIP encapsulation.(CVE-2013-4348i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel through 3.17.4 does not properly restrict dropping of supplemental group memberships in certain namespace scenarios, which allows local users to bypass intended file permissions by leveraging a POSIX ACL containing an entry for the group category that is more restrictive than the entry for the other category, aka a 'negative groups' issue, related to kernel/groups.c, kernel/uid16.c, and kernel/user_namespace.c.(CVE-2014-8989i1/4%0
- An infinite-loop flaw was found in the kernel. When a local user calls the sys_writev syscall with a specially crafted sequence of iov structs, the fuse_fill_write_pages kernel function might never terminate, instead continuing in a tight loop. This process cannot be terminated and requires a reboot.(CVE-2015-8785i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.