EulerOS Virtualization 220.127.116.11 : wget (EulerOS-SA-2019-1417)
High Nessus Plugin ID 124920
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the wget package installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A stack-based buffer overflow when processing chunked, encoded HTTP responses was found in wget. By tricking an unsuspecting user into connecting to a malicious HTTP server, an attacker could exploit this flaw to potentially execute arbitrary code.(CVE-2017-13089)
- A flaw was found in the way Wget handled symbolic links. A malicious FTP server could allow Wget running in the mirror mode (using the '-m' command line option) to write an arbitrary file to a location writable to by the user running Wget, possibly leading to code execution.(CVE-2014-4877)
- A cookie injection flaw was found in wget. An attacker can create a malicious website which, when accessed, overrides cookies belonging to arbitrary domains.(CVE-2018-0494)
- It was found that wget used a file name provided by the server for the downloaded file when following a HTTP redirect to a FTP server resource. This could cause wget to create a file with a different name than expected, possibly allowing the server to execute arbitrary code on the client.(CVE-2016-4971)
- A heap-based buffer overflow, when processing chunked encoded HTTP responses, was found in wget. By tricking an unsuspecting user into connecting to a malicious HTTP server, an attacker could exploit this flaw to potentially execute arbitrary code.(CVE-2017-13090)
- Race condition in wget 1.17 and earlier, when used in recursive or mirroring mode to download a single file, might allow remote servers to bypass intended access list restrictions by keeping an HTTP connection open.(CVE-2016-7098)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected wget packages.