EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 22.214.171.124 : ghostscript (EulerOS-SA-2019-1384)
High Nessus Plugin ID 124887
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ghostscript package installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An issue was discovered in Artifex Ghostscript before 9.26. LockSafetyParams is not checked correctly if another device is used.(CVE-2018-19409)
- In Artifex Ghostscript 9.23 before 2018-08-24, attackers able to supply crafted PostScript could use uninitialized memory access in the aesdecode operator to crash the interpreter or potentially execute code.(CVE-2018-15911)
- In Artifex Ghostscript before 9.24, attackers able to supply crafted PostScript files could use incorrect free logic in pagedevice replacement to crash the interpreter.(CVE-2018-16541)
- An issue was discovered in Artifex Ghostscript before 9.25. Incorrect 'restoration of privilege' checking when running out of stack during exception handling could be used by attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to execute code using the 'pipe' instruction. This is due to an incomplete fix for CVE-2018-16509.(CVE-2018-16802)
- Artifex Ghostscript before 9.25 allowed a user-writable error exception table, which could be used by remote attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to potentially overwrite or replace error handlers to inject code.(CVE-2018-17183)
- Artifex Ghostscript allows attackers to bypass a sandbox protection mechanism by leveraging exposure of system operators in the saved execution stack in an error object.(CVE-2018-18073)
- Artifex Ghostscript 9.25 and earlier allows attackers to bypass a sandbox protection mechanism via vectors involving the 1Policy operator.(CVE-2018-18284)
- Artifex Ghostscript 9.25 and earlier allows attackers to bypass a sandbox protection mechanism via vectors involving errorhandler setup. NOTE: this issue exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2018-17183.(CVE-2018-17961)
- In Artifex Ghostscript through 9.25, the setpattern operator did not properly validate certain types. A specially crafted PostScript document could exploit this to crash Ghostscript or, possibly, execute arbitrary code in the context of the Ghostscript process. This is a type confusion issue because of failure to check whether the Implementation of a pattern dictionary was a structure type.(CVE-2018-19134)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ghostscript packages.