EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 220.127.116.11 : kernel (EulerOS-SA-2019-1503)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 124826
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The uas driver in the Linux kernel before 4.13.6 allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and system crash), or possibly have unspecified other impacts via a crafted USB device, related to drivers/usb/storage/uas-detect.h and drivers/usb/storage/uas.c.(CVE-2017-16530i1/4%0
- The implementation of big key management in security/keys/big_key.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8.7 mishandles unsuccessful crypto registration in conjunction with successful key-type registration, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and panic) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that uses the big_key data type.(CVE-2016-9313i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via UDP traffic that triggers an unsafe second checksum calculation during execution of a recv system call with the MSG_PEEK flag. This may create a kernel panic or memory corruption leading to privilege escalation.(CVE-2016-10229i1/4%0
- Buffer overflow in the exitcode_proc_write function in arch/um/kernel/exitcode.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12 allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact by leveraging root privileges for a write operation.(CVE-2013-4512i1/4%0
- It was found that unsharing a mount namespace could allow a user to see data beneath their restricted namespace.(CVE-2014-9717i1/4%0
- A divide-by-zero flaw was discovered in the Linux kernel built with KVM virtualization support(CONFIG_KVM). The flaw occurs in the KVM module's Programmable Interval Timer(PIT) emulation, when PIT counters for channel 1 or 2 are set to zero(0) and a privileged user inside the guest attempts to read these counters. A privileged guest user with access to PIT I/O ports could exploit this issue to crash the host kernel (denial of service).(CVE-2015-7513i1/4%0
- The ims_pcu_parse_cdc_data function in drivers/input/misc/ims-pcu.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (system crash) via a USB device without both a master and a slave interface.(CVE-2016-3689i1/4%0
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the brcmf_cfg80211_start_ap() function in 'drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/cfg80 211.c' in the Linux kernel before 4.7.5 allows local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a long SSID Information Element in a command to a Netlink socket.(CVE-2016-8658i1/4%0
- drivers/hid/hid-sony.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_SONY is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based out-of-bounds write) via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2890i1/4%0
- An issue where a provided address with access_ok() is not checked was discovered in i915_gem_execbuffer2_ioctl in drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem_execbuffer.c in the Linux kernel through 4.19.13. A local attacker can craft a malicious IOCTL function call to overwrite arbitrary kernel memory, resulting in a Denial of Service or privilege escalation.(CVE-2018-20669i1/4%0
- It was found that the permission checks performed by the Linux kernel when a netlink message was received were not sufficient. A local, unprivileged user could potentially bypass these restrictions by passing a netlink socket as stdout or stderr to a more privileged process and altering the output of this process.(CVE-2014-0181i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the XFS filesystem in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_attr_leaf.c in the Linux kernel. A NULL pointer dereference may occur for a corrupted xfs image after xfs_da_shrink_inode() is called with a NULL bp. This can lead to a system crash and a denial of service.(CVE-2018-13094i1/4%0
- The irda_setsockopt function in net/irda/af_irda.c in the Linux kernel, through 4.16, allows local users to cause a denial of service (due to a use-after-free of the ias_object and a system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by leveraging an AF_IRDA socket.(CVE-2018-6555i1/4%0
- The x86/fpu (Floating Point Unit) subsystem in the Linux kernel, when a processor supports the xsave feature but not the xsaves feature, does not correctly handle attempts to set reserved bits in the xstate header via the ptrace() or rt_sigreturn() system call.
This allows local users to read the FPU registers of other processes on the system, related to arch/x86/kernel/fpu/regset.c and arch/x86/kernel/fpu/signal.c.(CVE-2017-15537i1/4%0
- The fst_get_iface function in drivers/net/wan/farsync.c in the Linux kernel before 3.11.7 does not properly initialize a certain data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by leveraging the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability for an SIOCWANDEV ioctl call.(CVE-2014-1444i1/4%0
- In the Linux kernel, through 4.15.4, the floppy driver reveals the addresses of kernel functions and global variables using printk calls within the function show_floppy in drivers/block/floppy.c. An attacker can read this information from dmesg and use the addresses to find the locations of kernel code and data and bypass kernel security protections such as KASLR.(CVE-2018-7273i1/4%0
- A flaw in 'arch/arm64/kernel/sys.c' in the Linux kernel allows local users to bypass the 'strict page permissions' protection mechanism and modify the system-call table and, consequently, gain privileges by leveraging write access.(CVE-2015-8967i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel before 3.11 on ARM platforms, as used in Android before 2016-08-05 on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013) devices, does not properly consider user-space access to the TPIDRURW register, which allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted application, aka Android internal bug 28749743 and Qualcomm internal bug CR561044.(CVE-2014-9870i1/4%0
- A NULL pointer dereference security flaw was found in the Linux kernel in the vcpu_scan_ioapic() function in arch/x86/kvm/x86.c. This allows local users with certain privileges to cause a denial of service via a crafted system call to the KVM subsystem.(CVE-2018-19407i1/4%0
- It was found that current implementation of kl5kusb105 driver failed to detect short transfers when attempting to read the line state and logged the content of the uninitialized heap transfer buffer.(CVE-2017-5549i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.