SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The __oom_reap_task_mm function in mm/oom_kill.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.14.4, mishandles gather operations. This allows attackers to cause a denial of service (TLB entry leak or use-after-free) or possibly have unspecified other impact by triggering a copy_to_user call within a certain time window.(CVE-2017-18202i1/4%0
- Buffer overflow in the qeth_snmp_command function in drivers/s390/net/qeth_core_main.c in the Linux kernel through 3.12.1 allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via an SNMP ioctl call with a length value that is incompatible with the command-buffer size.(CVE-2013-6381i1/4%0
- It was discovered that the Linux kernel since 3.6-rc1 with 'net.ipv4.tcp_fastopen' set to 1 can hit BUG() statement in tcp_collapse() function after making a number of certain syscalls leading to a possible system crash.(CVE-2016-8645i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's implementation of vectored pipe read and write functionality did not take into account the I/O vectors that were already processed when retrying after a failed atomic access operation, potentially resulting in memory corruption due to an I/O vector array overrun. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-1805i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel is vulnerable to an out-of-bounds read in ext4/balloc.c:ext4_valid_block_bitmap() function. An attacker could trick a legitimate user or a privileged attacker could exploit this by mounting a crafted ext4 image to cause a crash.(CVE-2018-1093i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.