SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was found that the parse_rock_ridge_inode_internal() function of the Linux kernel's ISOFS implementation did not correctly check relocated directories when processing Rock Ridge child link (CL) tags. An attacker with physical access to the system could use a specially crafted ISO image to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2014-5472i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel's F2FS filesystem code. An out-of-bounds access vulnerability is possible the in __remove_dirty_segment() in fs/f2fs/segment.c function when mounting a crafted f2fs image.(CVE-2018-14614i1/4%0
- Race condition in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service via use-after-free vulnerability by leveraging incorrect handling of an swevent data structure during a CPU unplug operation.(CVE-2015-8963i1/4%0
- The skbs processed by ip_cmsg_recv() are not guaranteed to be linear (e.g. when sending UDP packets over loopback with MSGMORE). Using csum_partial() on potentially the whole skb len is dangerous instead be on the safe side and use skb_checksum(). This may lead to an infoleak as the kernel memory may be checksummed and sent as part of the packet.(CVE-2017-6347i1/4%0
- The apic_get_tmcct function in arch/x86/kvm/lapic.c in the KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.12.5 allows guest OS users to cause a denial of service (divide-by-zero error and host OS crash) via crafted modifications of the TMICT value.(CVE-2013-6367i1/4%0
- A use-after-free issue was found in the way the Linux kernel's KVM hypervisor processed posted interrupts when nested(=1) virtualization is enabled. In nested_get_vmcs12_pages(), in case of an error while processing posted interrupt address, it unmaps the 'pi_desc_page' without resetting 'pi_desc' descriptor address, which is later used in pi_test_and_clear_on().
A guest user/process could use this flaw to crash the host kernel resulting in DoS or potentially gain privileged access to a system.(CVE-2018-16882i1/4%0
- It was discovered that the atl2_probe() function in the Atheros L2 Ethernet driver in the Linux kernel incorrectly enabled scatter/gather I/O. A remote attacker could use this flaw to obtain potentially sensitive information from the kernel memory.(CVE-2016-2117i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the nft_flush_table() function of the Linux kernel's netfilter tables implementation flushed rules that were referencing deleted chains. A local user who has the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2015-1573i1/4%0
- The powermate_probe function in drivers/input/misc/powermate.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted endpoints value in a USB device descriptor.(CVE-2016-2186i1/4%0
- It was found that KVM's Write to Model Specific Register (WRMSR) instruction emulation would write non-canonical values passed in by the guest to certain MSRs in the host's context. A privileged guest user could use this flaw to crash the host.(CVE-2014-3610i1/4%0
- The BPF_S_ANC_NLATTR_NEST extension implementation in the sk_run_filter function in net/core/filter.c in the Linux kernel through 3.14.3 uses the reverse order in a certain subtraction, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (over-read and system crash) via crafted BPF instructions. NOTE: the affected code was moved to the __skb_get_nlattr_nest function before the vulnerability was announced.(CVE-2014-3145i1/4%0
- The yam_ioctl function in drivers/net/hamradio/yam.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.8 does not initialize a certain structure member, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by leveraging the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability for an SIOCYAMGCFG ioctl call.(CVE-2014-1446i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the N_HLDC Linux kernel driver when accessing n_hdlc.tbuf list that can lead to double free. A local, unprivileged user able to set the HDLC line discipline on the tty device could use this flaw to increase their privileges on the system.(CVE-2017-2636i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way Linux kernel's Transparent Huge Pages (THP) implementation handled non-huge page migration. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to crash the kernel by migrating transparent hugepages.(CVE-2014-3940i1/4%0
- A security flaw was found in the chap_server_compute_md5() function in the ISCSI target code in the Linux kernel in a way an authentication request from an ISCSI initiator is processed. An unauthenticated remote attacker can cause a stack buffer overflow and smash up to 17 bytes of the stack.
The attack requires the iSCSI target to be enabled on the victim host. Depending on how the target's code was built (i.e. depending on a compiler, compile flags and hardware architecture) an attack may lead to a system crash and thus to a denial of service or possibly to a non-authorized access to data exported by an iSCSI target. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is highly unlikely.(CVE-2018-14633i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel where filesystems mounted with data=ordered mode may allow an attacker to read stale data from recently allocated blocks in new files after a system 'reset' by abusing ext4 mechanics of delayed allocation.(CVE-2017-7495i1/4%0
- drivers/media/platform/msm/broadcast/tsc.c in the TSC driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid pointer dereference) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that makes a TSC_GET_CARD_STATUS ioctl call.(CVE-2015-0573i1/4%0
- It was found that the unlink and rename functionality in overlayfs did not verify the upper dentry for staleness. A local, unprivileged user could use the rename syscall on overlayfs on top of xfs to panic or crash the system.(CVE-2016-6197i1/4%0
- In net/socket.c in the Linux kernel through 4.17.1, there is a race condition between fchownat and close in cases where they target the same socket file descriptor, related to the sock_close and sockfs_setattr functions. fchownat does not increment the file descriptor reference count, which allows close to set the socket to NULL during fchownat's execution, leading to a NULL pointer dereference and system crash.(CVE-2018-12232i1/4%0
- The ath9k_htc_set_bssid_mask function in drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_main.c in the Linux kernel through 3.12 uses a BSSID masking approach to determine the set of MAC addresses on which a Wi-Fi device is listening, which allows remote attackers to discover the original MAC address after spoofing by sending a series of packets to MAC addresses with certain bit manipulations.(CVE-2013-4579i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.