SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the ea_get function in fs/jfs/xattr.c in the Linux kernel through 4.17.1, a memory corruption bug in JFS can be triggered by calling setxattr twice with two different extended attribute names on the same file.
This vulnerability can be triggered by an unprivileged user with the ability to create files and execute programs. A kmalloc call is incorrect, leading to slab-out-of-bounds in jfs_xattr.(CVE-2018-12233i1/4%0
- The spectre_v2_select_mitigation function in arch/x86/kernel/cpu/bugs.c in the Linux kernel before 4.18.1 does not always fill RSB upon a context switch, which makes it easier for attackers to conduct userspace-userspace spectreRSB attacks.(CVE-2018-15572i1/4%0
- Race condition in the queue_delete function in sound/core/seq/seq_queue.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 allows local users to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and system crash) by making an ioctl call at a certain time.(CVE-2016-2544i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of BPF in which systems can application can overflow a 32 bit refcount in both program and map refcount. This refcount can wrap and end up a user after free.(CVE-2016-4558i1/4%0
- Interpretation conflict in drivers/md/dm-snap-persistent.c in the Linux kernel through 3.11.6 allows remote authenticated users to obtain sensitive information or modify data via a crafted mapping to a snapshot block device.(CVE-2013-4299i1/4%0
- The imon_probe function in drivers/media/rc/imon.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16537i1/4%0
- A vulnerability in the handling of Transactional Memory on powerpc systems was found. An unprivileged local user can crash the kernel by starting a transaction, suspending it, and then calling any of the exec() class system calls.(CVE-2016-5828i1/4%0
- A cross-boundary flaw was discovered in the Linux kernel software raid driver. The driver accessed a disabled bitmap where only the first byte of the buffer was initialized to zero. This meant that the rest of the request (up to 4095 bytes) was left and copied into user space. An attacker could use this flaw to read private information from user space that would not otherwise have been accessible.(CVE-2015-5697i1/4%0
- The parse_hid_report_descriptor function in drivers/input/tablet/gtco.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16643i1/4%0
- Race condition in the sclp_ctl_ioctl_sccb function in drivers/s390/char/sclp_ctl.c in the Linux kernel before 4.6 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by changing a certain length value, aka a 'double fetch' vulnerability.(CVE-2016-6130i1/4%0
- drivers/net/usb/asix_devices.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16647i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel which could cause a kernel panic when restoring machine specific registers on the PowerPC platform. Incorrect transactional memory state registers could inadvertently change the call path on return from userspace and cause the kernel to enter an unknown state and crash.(CVE-2015-8845i1/4%0
- fs/namespace.c in the Linux kernel through 3.16.1 does not properly restrict clearing MNT_NODEV, MNT_NOSUID, and MNT_NOEXEC and changing MNT_ATIME_MASK during a remount of a bind mount, which allows local users to gain privileges, interfere with backups and auditing on systems that had atime enabled, or cause a denial of service (excessive filesystem updating) on systems that had atime disabled via a 'mount -o remount' command within a user namespace.(CVE-2014-5207i1/4%0
- The NFS2/3 RPC client could send long arguments to the NFS server. These encoded arguments are stored in an array of memory pages, and accessed using pointer variables. Arbitrarily long arguments could make these pointers point outside the array and cause an out-of-bounds memory access. A remote user or program could use this flaw to crash the kernel, resulting in denial of service.(CVE-2017-7645i1/4%0
- The time subsystem in the Linux kernel, when CONFIG_TIMER_STATS is enabled, allows local users to discover real PID values (as distinguished from PID values inside a PID namespace) by reading the /proc/timer_list file, related to the print_timer function in kernel/time/timer_list.c and the
__timer_stats_timer_set_start_info function in kernel/time/timer.c.(CVE-2017-5967i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel where the keyctl_set_reqkey_keyring() function leaks the thread keyring. This allows an unprivileged local user to exhaust kernel memory and thus cause a DoS.(CVE-2017-7472i1/4%0
- A flaw was found that can be triggered in keyring_search_iterator in keyring.c if type-i1/4zmatch is NULL. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges.(CVE-2017-2647i1/4%0
- The make_response function in drivers/block/xen-blkback/blkback.c in the Linux kernel before 4.11.8 allows guest OS users to obtain sensitive information from host OS (or other guest OS) kernel memory by leveraging the copying of uninitialized padding fields in Xen block-interface response structures, aka XSA-216.(CVE-2017-10911i1/4%0
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the SET_WPS_IE IOCTL implementation in wlan_hdd_hostapd.c in the WLAN (aka Wi-Fi) driver for the Linux kernel 3.x and 4.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to gain privileges via a crafted application that uses a long WPS IE element.(CVE-2015-0570i1/4%0
- The net_ctl_permissions function in net/sysctl_net.c in the Linux kernel before 3.11.5 does not properly determine uid and gid values, which allows local users to bypass intended /proc/sys/net restrictions via a crafted application.(CVE-2013-4270i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.