SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free vulnerability was found in DCCP socket code affecting the Linux kernel since 2.6.16. This vulnerability could allow an attacker to their escalate privileges.(CVE-2017-8824i1/4%0
- The OZWPAN driver in the Linux kernel through 4.0.5 relies on an untrusted length field during packet parsing, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and system crash) via a crafted packet.(CVE-2015-4004i1/4%0
- Integer signedness error in the MSM V4L2 video driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (array overflow and memory corruption) via a crafted application that triggers an msm_isp_axi_create_stream call.(CVE-2016-2061i1/4%0
- A denial of service flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's XFS file system implementation ordered directory hashes under certain conditions. A local attacker could use this flaw to corrupt the file system by creating directories with colliding hash values, potentially resulting in a system crash.(CVE-2014-7283i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's ping socket implementation did not properly handle socket unhashing during spurious disconnects, which could lead to a use-after-free flaw. On x86-64 architecture systems, a local user able to create ping sockets could use this flaw to crash the system. On non-x86-64 architecture systems, a local user able to create ping sockets could use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-3636i1/4%0
- Incorrect buffer length handling was found in the ncp_read_kernel function in fs/ncpfs/ncplib_kernel.c in the Linux kernel, which could be exploited by malicious NCPFS servers to crash the kernel or possibly execute an arbitrary code.(CVE-2018-8822i1/4%0
- ** DISPUTED ** Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) in the Linux kernel 2.6.32 through 4.x does not prevent use of a write-timing side channel, which allows guest OS users to defeat the ASLR protection mechanism on other guest OS instances via a Cross-VM ASL INtrospection (CAIN) attack. NOTE: the vendor states 'Basically if you care about this attack vector, disable deduplication.' Share-until-written approaches for memory conservation among mutually untrusting tenants are inherently detectable for information disclosure, and can be classified as potentially misunderstood behaviors rather than vulnerabilities.(CVE-2015-2877i1/4%0
- The tty_set_termios_ldisc() function in 'drivers/tty/tty_ldisc.c' in the Linux kernel before 4.5 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by reading a tty data structure.(CVE-2015-8964i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 4.17.2. vbg_misc_device_ioctl() in drivers/virt/vboxguest/vboxguest_linux.c reads the same user data twice with copy_from_user. The header part of the user data is double-fetched, and a malicious user thread can tamper with the critical variables (hdr.size_in and hdr.size_out) in the header between the two fetches because of a race condition, leading to severe kernel errors, such as buffer over-accesses.
This bug can cause a local denial of service and information leakage.(CVE-2018-12633i1/4%0
- ** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided.(CVE-2018-1092i1/4%0
- fs/f2fs/extent_cache.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.13, mishandles extent trees. This allows local users to cause a denial of service via an application with multiple threads.(CVE-2017-18193i1/4%0
- A design flaw was found in the file extended attribute handling of the Linux kernel's handling of cached attributes. Too many entries in the cache cause a soft lockup while attempting to iterate the cache and access relevant locks.(CVE-2015-8952i1/4%0
- Off-by-one error in the pipe_advance function in lib/iov_iter.c in the Linux kernel before 4.9.5 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from uninitialized heap-memory locations in opportunistic circumstances by reading from a pipe after an incorrect buffer-release decision.(CVE-2017-5550i1/4%0
- The HMAC implementation (crypto/hmac.c) in the Linux kernel, before 4.14.8, does not validate that the underlying cryptographic hash algorithm is unkeyed.
This allows a local attacker, able to use the AF_ALG-based hash interface (CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_HASH) and the SHA-3 hash algorithm (CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA3), to cause a kernel stack buffer overflow by executing a crafted sequence of system calls that encounter a missing SHA-3 initialization.(CVE-2017-17806i1/4%0
- The mp_get_count function in drivers/staging/sb105x/sb_pci_mp.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12 does not initialize a certain data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a TIOCGICOUNT ioctl call.(CVE-2013-4516i1/4%0
- The perf_cpu_time_max_percent_handler function in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel before 4.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (integer overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a large value, as demonstrated by an incorrect sample-rate calculation.(CVE-2017-18255i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the btrfs filesystem code in the Linux kernel. An invalid pointer dereference in
__del_reloc_root() in fs/btrfs/relocation.c when mounting a crafted btrfs image could lead to a system crash and a denial of service.(CVE-2018-14609i1/4%0
- The oz_usb_handle_ep_data function in drivers/staging/ozwpan/ozusbsvc1.c in the OZWPAN driver in the Linux kernel through 4.0.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (divide-by-zero error and system crash) via a crafted packet.(CVE-2015-4003i1/4%0
- drivers/hid/hid-logitech-dj.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) or obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2895i1/4%0
- drivers/usb/serial/cypress_m8.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.1 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a USB device without both an interrupt-in and an interrupt-out endpoint descriptor, related to the cypress_generic_port_probe and cypress_open functions.(CVE-2016-3137i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.