EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 220.127.116.11 : kernel (EulerOS-SA-2019-1474)
High Nessus Plugin ID 124798
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The x25_negotiate_facilities function in net/x25/x25_facilities.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5.5 does not properly initialize a certain data structure, which allows attackers to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via an X.25 Call Request.(CVE-2016-4580i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of seq_file where a local attacker could manipulate memory in the put() function pointer. This could lead to memory corruption and possible privileged escalation.(CVE-2016-7910i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's netfilter subsystem handled generic protocol tracking.
As demonstrated in the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) case, a remote attacker could use this flaw to bypass intended iptables rule restrictions when the associated connection tracking module was not loaded on the system.(CVE-2014-8160i1/4%0
- The get_endpoints function in drivers/usb/misc/usbtest.c in the Linux kernel through 4.13.11 allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-16532i1/4%0
- An integer overflow flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) implementation handled user controls. A local, privileged user could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2014-4656i1/4%0
- The sr_do_ioctl function in drivers/scsi/sr_ioctl.c in the Linux kernel through 4.16.12 allows local users to cause a denial of service (stack-based buffer overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impact because sense buffers have different sizes at the CDROM layer and the SCSI layer.(CVE-2018-11506i1/4%0
- A race condition flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's SCTP implementation handled Address Configuration lists when performing Address Configuration Change (ASCONF). A local attacker could use this flaw to crash the system via a race condition triggered by setting certain ASCONF options on a socket.(CVE-2015-3212i1/4%0
- A symlink size validation was missing in Linux kernels built with UDF file system (CONFIG_UDF_FS) support, allowing the corruption of kernel memory. An attacker able to mount a corrupted/malicious UDF file system image could cause the kernel to crash.(CVE-2014-9729i1/4%0
- The Linux kernel before version 4.11 is vulnerable to a NULL pointer dereference in fs/cifs/cifsencrypt.c:setup_ntlmv2_rsp() that allows an attacker controlling a CIFS server to kernel panic a client that has this server mounted, because an empty TargetInfo field in an NTLMSSP setup negotiation response is mishandled during session recovery.(CVE-2018-1066i1/4%0
- drivers/hid/hid-sensor-hub.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_SENSOR_HUB is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2898i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel's F2FS filesystem code. A buffer overflow in truncate_inline_inode() in the fs/f2fs/inline.c function, when umounting a crafted f2fs image, can occur because a length value may be negative.(CVE-2018-14615i1/4%0
- The help function in net/netfilter/nf_nat_irc.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.8 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory by establishing an IRC DCC session in which incorrect packet data is transmitted during use of the NAT mangle feature.(CVE-2014-1690i1/4%0
- It was found that the Linux kernel's keys subsystem did not correctly garbage collect uninstantiated keyrings.
A local attacker could use this flaw to crash the system or, potentially, escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-7872i1/4%0
- The TCP stack in the Linux kernel 3.x does not properly implement a SYN cookie protection mechanism for the case of a fast network connection, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) by sending many TCP SYN packets, as demonstrated by an attack against the kernel-3.10.0 package in CentOS Linux 7. NOTE: third parties have been unable to discern any relationship between the GitHub Engineering finding and the Trigemini.c attack code.(CVE-2017-5972i1/4%0
- The xfrm_migrate() function in the net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c file in the Linux kernel built with CONFIG_XFRM_MIGRATE does not verify if the dir parameter is less than XFRM_POLICY_MAX. This allows a local attacker to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds access) or possibly have unspecified other impact by sending a XFRM_MSG_MIGRATE netlink message. This flaw is present in the Linux kernel since an introduction of XFRM_MSG_MIGRATE in 2.6.21-rc1, up to 4.13-rc3.(CVE-2017-11600i1/4%0
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the Linux kernel which enables a race condition in the L2TPv3 IP Encapsulation feature. A local user could use this flaw to escalate their privileges or crash the system.(CVE-2016-10200i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's VFS subsystem handled file system locks. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to trigger a deadlock in the kernel, causing a denial of service on the system.(CVE-2014-8559i1/4%0
- Multiple buffer overflows in drivers/staging/wlags49_h2/wl_priv.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12 allow local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact by leveraging the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability and providing a long station-name string, related to the (1) wvlan_uil_put_info and (2) wvlan_set_station_nickname functions.(CVE-2013-4514i1/4%0
- The udl_fb_mmap function in drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl_fb.c at the Linux kernel version 3.4 and up to and including 4.15 has an integer-overflow vulnerability allowing local users with access to the udldrmfb driver to obtain full read and write permissions on kernel physical pages, resulting in a code execution in kernel space.(CVE-2018-8781i1/4%0
- A flaw was discovered in the Linux kernel where issuing certain ioctl() -s commands to the '/dev/ppp' device file could lead to a NULL pointer dereference. A privileged user could use this flaw to cause a kernel crash and denial of service.(CVE-2015-7799i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.