New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ghostscript package installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was discovered that ghostscript did not properly verify the key used in aesdecode. An attacker could possibly exploit this to bypass the -dSAFER protection and crash ghostscript or, possibly, execute arbitrary code in the ghostscript context via a specially crafted PostScript document.i1/4^CVE-2018-15911i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in Artifex Ghostscript before 9.25. Incorrect 'restoration of privilege' checking when running out of stack during exception handling could be used by attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to execute code using the 'pipe' instruction. This is due to an incomplete fix for CVE-2018-16509.i1/4^CVE-2018-16802i1/4%0
- It was found that RHSA-2018:2918 did not fully fix CVE-2018-16509. An attacker could possibly exploit another variant of the flaw and bypass the -dSAFER protection to, for example, execute arbitrary shell commands via a specially crafted PostScript document.i1/4^CVE-2018-16863i1/4%0
- Artifex Ghostscript before 9.25 allowed a user-writable error exception table, which could be used by remote attackers able to supply crafted PostScript to potentially overwrite or replace error handlers to inject code.i1/4^CVE-2018-17183i1/4%0
- Artifex Ghostscript 9.25 and earlier allows attackers to bypass a sandbox protection mechanism via vectors involving errorhandler setup. NOTE: this issue exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2018-17183.i1/4^CVE-2018-17961i1/4%0
- Artifex Ghostscript allows attackers to bypass a sandbox protection mechanism by leveraging exposure of system operators in the saved execution stack in an error object.i1/4^CVE-2018-18073i1/4%0
- Artifex Ghostscript 9.25 and earlier allows attackers to bypass a sandbox protection mechanism via vectors involving the 1Policy operator.i1/4^CVE-2018-18284i1/4%0
- In Artifex Ghostscript through 9.25, the setpattern operator did not properly validate certain types. A specially crafted PostScript document could exploit this to crash Ghostscript or, possibly, execute arbitrary code in the context of the Ghostscript process. This is a type confusion issue because of failure to check whether the Implementation of a pattern dictionary was a structure type.i1/4^CVE-2018-19134i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in Artifex Ghostscript before 9.26. LockSafetyParams is not checked correctly if another device is used.i1/4^CVE-2018-19409i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ghostscript packages.