openSUSE Security Update : MozillaThunderbird (openSUSE-2019-1162)
High Nessus Plugin ID 123817
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaThunderbird to version 60.5.1 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- Update to MozillaThunderbird 60.6.1 (bsc#1130262) :
- CVE-2019-9813: Fixed Ionmonkey type confusion with
- CVE-2019-9810: Fixed IonMonkey MArraySlice incorrect alias information
- Update to MozillaThunderbird 60.6 (bsc#1129821) :
- CVE-2018-18506: Fixed an issue with Proxy Auto-Configuration file
- CVE-2019-9801: Fixed an issue which could allow Windows programs to be exposed to web content
- CVE-2019-9788: Fixed multiple memory safety bugs
- CVE-2019-9790: Fixed a Use-after-free vulnerability when removing in-use DOM elements
- CVE-2019-9791: Fixed an incorrect Type inference for constructors entered through on-stack replacement with IonMonkey
- CVE-2019-9792: Fixed an issue where IonMonkey leaks JS_OPTIMIZED_OUT magic value to script
- CVE-2019-9793: Fixed multiple improper bounds checks when Spectre mitigations are disabled
- CVE-2019-9794: Fixed an issue where command line arguments not discarded during execution
- CVE-2019-9795: Fixed a Type-confusion vulnerability in IonMonkey JIT compiler
- CVE-2019-9796: Fixed a Use-after-free vulnerability in SMIL animation controller
- Update to MozillaThunderbird 60.5.1 (bsc#1125330) :
- CVE-2018-18356: Fixed a use-after-free vulnerability in the Skia library which can occur when creating a path, leading to a potentially exploitable crash.
- CVE-2019-5785: Fixed an integer overflow vulnerability in the Skia library which can occur after specific transform operations, leading to a potentially exploitable crash.
- CVE-2018-18335: Fixed a buffer overflow vulnerability in the Skia library which can occur with Canvas 2D acceleration on macOS. This issue was addressed by disabling Canvas 2D acceleration in Firefox ESR. Note:
this does not affect other versions and platforms where Canvas 2D acceleration is already disabled by default.
- CVE-2018-18509: Fixed a flaw which during verification of certain S/MIME signatures showing mistakenly that emails bring a valid sugnature. Release notes:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa20 19-12/ https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa20 19-11/ https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa20 19-06/
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.