New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.5
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for java-1_8_0-openjdk to the jdk8u181 (icedtea 3.9.0) release fixes the following issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2018-2938: Difficult to exploit vulnerability allowed unauthenticated attacker with network access via multiple protocols to compromise Java SE. Successful attacks of this vulnerability can result in takeover of Java SE (bsc#1101644).
- CVE-2018-2940: Vulnerability in subcomponent: Libraries.
Easily exploitable vulnerability allowed unauthenticated attacker with network access via multiple protocols to compromise Java SE, Java SE Embedded. Successful attacks require human interaction from a person other than the attacker. Successful attacks of this vulnerability can result in unauthorized read access to a subset of Java SE, Java SE Embedded accessible data (bsc#1101645)
- CVE-2018-2952: Vulnerability in subcomponent:
Concurrency. Difficult to exploit vulnerability allowed unauthenticated attacker with network access via multiple protocols to compromise Java SE, Java SE Embedded, JRockit. Successful attacks of this vulnerability can result in unauthorized ability to cause a partial denial of service (partial DOS) of Java SE, Java SE Embedded, JRockit (bsc#1101651)
- CVE-2018-2973: Vulnerability in subcomponent: JSSE.
Difficult to exploit vulnerability allowed unauthenticated attacker with network access via SSL/TLS to compromise Java SE, Java SE Embedded. Successful attacks of this vulnerability can result in unauthorized creation, deletion or modification access to critical data or all Java SE, Java SE Embedded accessible data (bsc#1101656)
These non-security issues were fixed :
- Improve desktop file usage
- Better Internet address support
- speculative traps break when classes are redefined
- sun/security/pkcs11/ec/ReadCertificates.java fails intermittently
- Clean up code that saves the previous versions of redefined classes
- Prevent SIGSEGV in ReceiverTypeData::clean_weak_klass_links
- RedefineClasses() tests fail assert(((Metadata*)obj)->is_valid()) failed: obj is valid
- NMT is not enabled if NMT option is specified after class path specifiers
- EndEntityChecker should not process custom extensions after PKIX validation
- SupportedDSAParamGen.java failed with timeout
- Montgomery multiply intrinsic should use correct name
- When determining the ciphersuite lists, there is no debug output for disabled suites.
- sun/security/mscapi/SignedObjectChain.java fails on Windows
- On Windows Swing changes keyboard layout on a window activation
- IfNode::range_check_trap_proj() should handler dying subgraph with single if proj
- Even better Internet address support
- Newlines in JAXB string values of SOAP-requests are escaped to ' '
- TestFlushableGZIPOutputStream failing with IndexOutOfBoundsException
- Unable to use JDWP API in JDK 8 to debug JDK 9 VM
- Hotspot crash on Cassandra 3.11.1 startup with libnuma 2.0.3
- Performance drop with Java JDK 1.8.0_162-b32
- Upgrade time-zone data to tzdata2018d
- Fix potential crash in BufImg_SetupICM
- JDK 8u181 l10n resource file update
- Remove debug print statements from RMI fix
- (tz) Upgrade time-zone data to tzdata2018e
- ObjectInputStream filterCheck method throws NullPointerException
- adjust reflective access checks
- Fixed builds on s390 (bsc#1106812)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1_8_0-openjdk packages.