New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for openssl-1_0_0 to 1.0.2p fixes the following issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- Prevent One&Done side-channel attack on RSA that allowed physically near attackers to use EM emanations to recover information (bsc#1104789)
- CVE-2018-0737: The RSA Key generation algorithm has been shown to be vulnerable to a cache timing side channel attack. An attacker with sufficient access to mount cache timing attacks during the RSA key generation process could have recovered the private key (bsc#1089039)
- CVE-2018-0732: During key agreement in a TLS handshake using a DH(E) based ciphersuite a malicious server could have sent a very large prime value to the client. This caused the client to spend an unreasonably long period of time generating a key for this prime resulting in a hang until the client has finished. This could be exploited in a Denial Of Service attack (bsc#1097158)
- Make problematic ECDSA sign addition length-invariant
- Add blinding to ECDSA and DSA signatures to protect against side channel attacks
This non-security issue was fixed :
- Add openssl(cli) Provide so the packages that require the openssl binary can require this instead of the new openssl meta package (bsc#1101470)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected openssl-1_0_0 packages.