New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for Mozilla Thunderbird to version 52.8 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed (MFSA 2018-13, boo#1092548) :
- CVE-2018-5183: Backport critical security fixes in Skia
- CVE-2018-5154: Use-after-free with SVG animations and clip paths
- CVE-2018-5155: Use-after-free with SVG animations and text paths
- CVE-2018-5159: Integer overflow and out-of-bounds write in Skia
- CVE-2018-5168: Lightweight themes can be installed without user interaction
- CVE-2018-5178: Buffer overflow during UTF-8 to Unicode string conversion through legacy extension
- CVE-2018-5150: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60, Firefox ESR 52.8, and Thunderbird 52.8
- CVE-2018-5161: Hang via malformed headers (bsc#1093970)
- CVE-2018-5162: Encrypted mail leaks plaintext through src attribute (bsc#1093971)
- CVE-2018-5170: Filename spoofing for external attachments (bsc#1093972)
- CVE-2018-5184: Full plaintext recovery in S/MIME via chosen-ciphertext attack (bsc#1093969)
- CVE-2018-5185: Leaking plaintext through HTML forms (bsc#1093973)
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Thunderbird packages.