New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.4
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: out-of-bounds memcpy in fs/ext4/inline.c:ext4_read_inline_data() with crafted ext4 image (CVE-2018-11412)
* kernel: use-after-free in jbd2_journal_commit_transaction funtion (CVE-2018-10876)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* blk-mq IO hang in null_blk test (BZ#1581223)
* lpfc remove lpfc_enable_pbde module parameter. (BZ#1615875)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - [Power9][DD2.2][4.14.0-109]package installation segfaults inside debian chroot env in P9 KVM guest with HTM enabled (kvm) (BZ# 1628817)
* Pegas1.1 - [P9] 'threads=2' or higher is required to boot up VM with above 256 vcpu [rhel-alt-7.6.z] (BZ#1634653)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 Snapshot5 - System crashed under stress-ng & HTX on the mix mode guest (kvm) (BZ#1637890)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - BostonESS:P9:DD2.01 - Testing Ethtool options 'r' and 'p' for the i40e driver causes the kernel to crash and reboots the server (i40e) (CORAL) (BZ#1644606)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 Host/RHV4.2: system crashed and kdump failed to collect CPUs in KVM guests (BZ#1649196)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 Host:BostonLC:P9:boslcp1: system crashed in
__find_linux_pte+0xac (kvm) (BZ#1651065)
* [LLNL 7.7 Bug] Rasdaemon doesn't seem to collect APEI errors (BZ#1664495)
Users of kernel are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.