RHEL 7 : kernel-alt (RHSA-2019:0525)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 122807
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-alt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-alt packages provide the Linux kernel version 4.x.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: out-of-bounds memcpy in fs/ext4/inline.c:ext4_read_inline_data() with crafted ext4 image (CVE-2018-11412)
* kernel: use-after-free in jbd2_journal_commit_transaction funtion (CVE-2018-10876)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* blk-mq IO hang in null_blk test (BZ#1581223)
* lpfc remove lpfc_enable_pbde module parameter. (BZ#1615875)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - [Power9][DD2.2][4.14.0-109]package installation segfaults inside debian chroot env in P9 KVM guest with HTM enabled (kvm) (BZ# 1628817)
* Pegas1.1 - [P9] 'threads=2' or higher is required to boot up VM with above 256 vcpu [rhel-alt-7.6.z] (BZ#1634653)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 Snapshot5 - System crashed under stress-ng & HTX on the mix mode guest (kvm) (BZ#1637890)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 - BostonESS:P9:DD2.01 - Testing Ethtool options 'r' and 'p' for the i40e driver causes the kernel to crash and reboots the server (i40e) (CORAL) (BZ#1644606)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 Host/RHV4.2: system crashed and kdump failed to collect CPUs in KVM guests (BZ#1649196)
* RHEL-Alt-7.6 Host:BostonLC:P9:boslcp1: system crashed in
__find_linux_pte+0xac (kvm) (BZ#1651065)
* [LLNL 7.7 Bug] Rasdaemon doesn't seem to collect APEI errors (BZ#1664495)
Users of kernel are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which fix these bugs.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.