SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaThunderbird to version 60.5.1 fixes the following issues :
Security vulnerabilities addressed (MSFA 2019-03 MSFA 2018-31 MFSA 2019-06 bsc#1122983 bsc#1119105 bsc#1125330) :
- CVE-2018-18356: Fixed a Use-after-free in Skia.
- CVE-2019-5785: Fixed an Integer overflow in Skia.
- CVE-2018-18335: Fixed a Buffer overflow in Skia by default deactivating Canvas 2D. This issue does not affect Linuc distributions.
- CVE-2018-18509: Fixed a flaw which during verification of certain S/MIME signatures showing mistekenly that emails bring a valid sugnature.
- CVE-2018-18500: Use-after-free parsing HTML5 stream
- CVE-2018-18505: Privilege escalation through IPC channel messages
- CVE-2016-5824 DoS (use-after-free) via a crafted ics file
- CVE-2018-18501: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 65 and Firefox ESR 60.5
- CVE-2018-17466: Buffer overflow and out-of-bounds read in ANGLE library with TextureStorage11
- CVE-2018-18492: Use-after-free with select element
- CVE-2018-18493: Buffer overflow in accelerated 2D canvas with Skia
- CVE-2018-18494: Same-origin policy violation using location attribute and performance.getEntries to steal cross-origin URLs
- CVE-2018-18498: Integer overflow when calculating buffer sizes for images
- CVE-2018-12405: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 64, 60.4, and Thunderbird 60.4
Other bug fixes and changes :
- FileLink provider WeTransfer to upload large attachments
- Thunderbird now allows the addition of OpenSearch search engines from a local XML file using a minimal user interface: [+] button to select a file an add, [-] to remove.
- More search engines: Google and DuckDuckGo available by default in some locales
- During account creation, Thunderbird will now detect servers using the Microsoft Exchange protocol. It will offer the installation of a 3rd party add-on (Owl) which supports that protocol.
- Thunderbird now compatible with other WebExtension-based FileLink add-ons like the Dropbox add-on
- New WebExtensions FileLink API to facilitate add-ons
- Fix decoding problems for messages with less common charsets (cp932, cp936)
- New messages in the drafts folder (and other special or virtual folders) will no longer be included in the new messages notification
- Thunderbird 60 will migrate security databases (key3.db, cert8.db to key4.db, cert9.db).
- Address book search and auto-complete slowness
- Plain text markup with * for bold, / for italics, _ for underline and | for code did not work when the enclosed text contained non-ASCII characters
- While composing a message, a link not removed when link location was removed in the link properties panel
- Encoding problems when exporting address books or messages using the system charset. Messages are now always exported using the UTF-8 encoding
- If the 'Date' header of a message was invalid, Jan 1970 or Dec 1969 was displayed. Now using date from 'Received' header instead.
- Body search/filtering didn't reliably ignore content of tags
- Inappropriate warning 'Thunderbird prevented the site (addons.thunderbird.net) from asking you to install software on your computer' when installing add-ons
- Incorrect display of correspondents column since own email address was not always detected
- Spurious (encoded newline) inserted into drafts and sent email
- Double-clicking on a word in the Write window sometimes launched the Advanced Property Editor or Link Properties dialog
- Fixed Cookie removal
- 'Download rest of message' was not working if global inbox was used
- Fix Encoding problems for users (especially in Poland) when a file was sent via a folder using 'Sent to > Mail recipient' due to a problem in the Thunderbird MAPI interface
- According to RFC 4616 and RFC 5721, passwords containing non-ASCII characters are encoded using UTF-8 which can lead to problems with non-compliant providers, for example office365.com. The SMTP LOGIN and POP3 USER/PASS authentication methods are now using a Latin-1 encoding again to work around this issue
- Fix shutdown crash/hang after entering an empty IMAP password
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.