New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ghostscript packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- ghostscript: Incorrect 'restoration of privilege' checking when running out of stack during exception handling (CVE-2018-16802)
- ghostscript: User-writable error exception table (CVE-2018-17183)
- ghostscript: Saved execution stacks can leak operator arrays (incomplete fix for CVE-2018-17183) (CVE-2018-17961)
- ghostscript: Saved execution stacks can leak operator arrays (CVE-2018-18073)
- ghostscript: 1Policy operator allows a sandbox protection bypass (CVE-2018-18284)
- ghostscript: Type confusion in setpattern (700141) (CVE-2018-19134)
- ghostscript: Improperly implemented security check in zsetdevice function in psi/zdevice.c (CVE-2018-19409)
- ghostscript: Uninitialized memory access in the aesdecode operator (699665) (CVE-2018-15911)
- ghostscript: incomplete fix for CVE-2018-16509 (CVE-2018-16863)
- ghostscript: gssetresolution and gsgetresolution memory corruption(CVE-2018-16543)
- ghostscript: use-after-free in copydevice handling(CVE-2018-16540)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ghostscript packages.