New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for OpenJDK 10.0.2 fixes the following security issues :
- CVE-2018-2940: the libraries sub-component contained an easily exploitable vulnerability that allowed attackers to compromise Java SE or Java SE Embedded over the network, potentially gaining unauthorized read access to data that's accessible to the server. [bsc#1101645]
- CVE-2018-2952: the concurrency sub-component contained a difficult to exploit vulnerability that allowed attackers to compromise Java SE, Java SE Embedded, or JRockit over the network. This issue could have been abused to mount a partial denial-of-service attack on the server. [bsc#1101651]
- CVE-2018-2972: the security sub-component contained a difficult to exploit vulnerability that allowed attackers to compromise Java SE over the network, potentially gaining unauthorized access to critical data or complete access to all Java SE accessible data.
- CVE-2018-2973: the JSSE sub-component contained a difficult to exploit vulnerability allowed attackers to compromise Java SE or Java SE Embedded over the network, potentially gaining the ability to create, delete or modify critical data or all Java SE, Java SE Embedded accessible data without authorization. [bsc#1101656] Furthemore, the following bugs were fixed :
- Properly remove the existing alternative for java before reinstalling it. [bsc#1096420]
- idlj was moved to the *-devel package. [bsc#1096420]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-2018-1419=1