New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for java-1_8_0-openjdk to version 8u171 fixes the following issues: These security issues were fixed :
- S8180881: Better packaging of deserialization
- S8182362: Update CipherOutputStream Usage
- S8183032: Upgrade to LittleCMS 2.9
- S8189123: More consistent classloading
- S8189969, CVE-2018-2790, bsc#1090023: Manifest better manifest entries
- S8189977, CVE-2018-2795, bsc#1090025: Improve permission portability
- S8189981, CVE-2018-2796, bsc#1090026: Improve queuing portability
- S8189985, CVE-2018-2797, bsc#1090027: Improve tabular data portability
- S8189989, CVE-2018-2798, bsc#1090028: Improve container portability
- S8189993, CVE-2018-2799, bsc#1090029: Improve document portability
- S8189997, CVE-2018-2794, bsc#1090024: Enhance keystore mechanisms
- S8190478: Improved interface method selection
- S8190877: Better handling of abstract classes
- S8191696: Better mouse positioning
- S8192025, CVE-2018-2814, bsc#1090032: Less referential references
- S8192030: Better MTSchema support
- S8192757, CVE-2018-2815, bsc#1090033: Improve stub classes implementation
- S8193409: Improve AES supporting classes
- S8193414: Improvements in MethodType lookups
- S8193833, CVE-2018-2800, bsc#1090030: Better RMI connection support For other changes please consult the changelog.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Legacy Software 15:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Legacy-15-2018-1319=1