SUSE SLES12 Security Update : nodejs4 (SUSE-SU-2018:0952-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 120019
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for nodejs4 fixes the following issues :
- Fix some node-gyp permissions
- New upstream maintenance 4.9.1 :
- Security fixes :
+ CVE-2018-7158: Fix for 'path' module regular expression denial of service (bsc#1087459)
+ CVE-2018-7159: Reject spaces in HTTP Content-Length header values (bsc#1087453)
- Upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2o
- deps: reject interior blanks in Content-Length
- deps: upgrade http-parser to v2.8.0
- remove any old manpage files in %pre from before update-alternatives were used to manage symlinks to these manpages.
- Add Recommends and BuildRequire on python2 for npm.
node-gyp requires this old version of python for now.
This is only needed for binary modules.
- even on recent codestreams there is no binutils gold on s390 only on s390x
- Enable CI tests in %check target
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Web Scripting 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Web-Scripting-12-2018-649=1
SUSE Enterprise Storage 4:zypper in -t patch SUSE-Storage-4-2018-649=1