SUSE SLES12 Security Update : nodejs4 (SUSE-SU-2017:0855-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 119996
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for nodejs4 fixes the following issues :
- New upstream LTS release 4.7.3 The embedded openssl sources were updated to 1.0.2k (CVE-2017-3731, CVE-2017-3732, CVE-2016-7055, bsc#1022085, bsc#1022086, bsc#1009528)
- No changes in LTS version 4.7.2
- New upstream LTS release 4.7.1
- build: shared library support is now working for AIX builds
- repl: passing options to the repl will no longer overwrite defaults
- timers: recanceling a cancelled timers will no longer throw
- New upstream LTS version 4.7.0
- build: introduce the configure --shared option for embedders
- debugger: make listen address configurable in debugger server
- dgram: generalized send queue to handle close, fixing a potential throw when dgram socket is closed in the listening event handler
- http: introduce the 451 status code 'Unavailable For Legal Reasons'
- gtest: the test reporter now outputs tap comments as yamlish
- tls: introduce secureContext for tls.connect (useful for caching client certificates, key, and CA certificates)
- tls: fix memory leak when writing data to TLSWrap instance during handshake
- src: node no longer aborts when c-ares initialization fails
- ported and updated system CA store for the new node crypto code
- New upstream LTS version 4.6.2
- build :
+ It is now possible to build the documentation from the release tarball.
- buffer :
+ Buffer.alloc() will no longer incorrectly return a zero filled buffer when an encoding is passed.
- deps :
+ Upgrade npm in LTS to 2.15.11.
- repl :
+ Enable tab completion for global properties.
- url :
+ url.format() will now encode all '#' in search.
- Add missing conflicts to base package. It's not possible to have concurrent nodejs installations.
- enable usage of system certificate store on SLE11SP4 by requiring openssl1 (bsc#1000036)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Web Scripting 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Web-Scripting-12-2017-476=1
SUSE Enterprise Storage 4:zypper in -t patch SUSE-Storage-4-2017-476=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.