SUSE SLES12 Security Update : nodejs6 (SUSE-SU-2017:0431-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 119992
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for nodejs6 fixes the following issues: New upstream LTS release 6.9.5. The embedded openssl sources were updated to 1.0.2k (CVE-2017-3731, CVE-2017-3732, CVE-2016-7055, bsc#1022085, bsc#1022086, bsc#1009528) Other fixes :
- Add basic check that Node.js loads successfully to spec file
- New upstream LTS release 6.9.3
- build: shared library support is now working for AIX builds
- deps/npm: upgrade npm to 3.10.10
- deps/V8: destructuring of arrow function arguments via computed property no longer throws
- inspector: /json/version returns object, not an object wrapped in an array
- module: using --debug-brk and --eval together now works as expected
- process: improve performance of nextTick up to 20%
- repl: the division operator will no longer be accidentally parsed as regex
- repl: improved support for generator functions
- timers: recanceling a cancelled timers will no longer throw
- New upstream LTS version 6.9.2
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Web Scripting 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Web-Scripting-12-2017-221=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.