New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionOpenSSL was updated to fix various security issues.
Following security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2015-0209: A Use After Free following d2i_ECPrivatekey error was fixed which could lead to crashes for attacker supplied Elliptic Curve keys. This could be exploited over SSL connections with client supplied keys.
- CVE-2015-0286: A segmentation fault in ASN1_TYPE_cmp was fixed that could be exploited by attackers when e.g.
client authentication is used. This could be exploited over SSL connections.
- CVE-2015-0287: A ASN.1 structure reuse memory corruption was fixed. This problem can not be exploited over regular SSL connections, only if specific client programs use specific ASN.1 routines.
- CVE-2015-0288: A X509_to_X509_REQ NULL pointer dereference was fixed, which could lead to crashes. This function is not commonly used, and not reachable over SSL methods.
- CVE-2015-0289: Several PKCS7 NULL pointer dereferences were fixed, which could lead to crashes of programs using the PKCS7 APIs. The SSL apis do not use those by default.
- CVE-2015-0292: Various issues in base64 decoding were fixed, which could lead to crashes with memory corruption, for instance by using attacker supplied PEM data.
- CVE-2015-0293: Denial of service via reachable assert in SSLv2 servers, could be used by remote attackers to terminate the server process. Note that this requires SSLv2 being allowed, which is not the default.
- CVE-2009-5146: A memory leak in the TLS hostname extension was fixed, which could be used by remote attackers to run SSL services out of memory.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Legacy Software 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Legacy-12-2015-135=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.