openSUSE Security Update : xen (openSUSE-2018-1624) (Foreshadow)
High Nessus Plugin ID 119951
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for xen fixes the following issues :
Update to Xen 4.10.2 bug fix release (bsc#1027519).
Security vulnerabilities fixed :
- CVE-2018-19961, CVE-2018-19962: Fixed an issue related to insufficient TLB flushing with AMD IOMMUs, which potentially allowed a guest to escalate its privileges, may cause a Denial of Service (DoS) affecting the entire host, or may be able to access data it is not supposed to access. (XSA-275) (bsc#1115040)
- CVE-2018-19965: Fixed an issue related to the INVPCID instruction in case non-canonical addresses are accessed, which may allow a guest to cause Xen to crash, resulting in a Denial of Service (DoS) affecting the entire host. (XSA-279) (bsc#1115045)
- CVE-2018-19966: Fixed an issue related to a previous fix for XSA-240, which conflicted with shadow paging and allowed a guest to cause Xen to crash, resulting in a Denial of Service (DoS). (XSA-280) (bsc#1115047)
- CVE-2018-18883: Fixed an issue related to inproper restriction of nested VT-x, which allowed a guest to cause Xen to crash, resulting in a Denial of Service (DoS). (XSA-278) (bsc#1114405)
- CVE-2018-15468: Fixed incorrect MSR_DEBUGCTL handling, which allowed guests to enable Branch Trace Store and may cause a Denial of Service (DoS) of the entire host.
- CVE-2018-15469: Fixed use of v2 grant tables on ARM, which were not properly implemented and may cause a Denial of Service (DoS). (XSA-268) (bsc#1103275)
- CVE-2018-15470: Fixed an issue in the logic in oxenstored for handling writes, which allowed a guest to write memory unbounded leading to system-wide Denial of Service (DoS). (XSA-272) (bsc#1103279)
- CVE-2018-3646: Mitigations for VMM aspects of L1 Terminal Fault (XSA-273) (bsc#1091107)
Other bugs fixed :
- Fixed an issue related to a domU hang on SLE12-SP3 HV (bsc#1108940)
- Fixed an issue with xpti=no-dom0 not working as expected (bsc#1105528)
- Fixed a kernel oops related to fs/dcache.c called by d_materialise_unique() (bsc#1094508)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected xen packages.