openSUSE Security Update : wireshark (openSUSE-2018-1620)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 119950
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for wireshark fixes the following issues :
Update to Wireshark 2.4.11 (bsc#1117740).
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-19625: The Wireshark dissection engine could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-51)
- CVE-2018-19626: The DCOM dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-52)
- CVE-2018-19623: The LBMPDM dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-53)
- CVE-2018-19622: The MMSE dissector could go into an infinite loop (wnpa-sec-2018-54)
- CVE-2018-19627: The IxVeriWave file parser could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-55)
- CVE-2018-19624: The PVFS dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-56)
Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in :
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.