New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ghostscript packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- ghostscript: /invalidaccess bypass after failed restore.(CVE-2018-16509)
- ghostscript: LockDistillerParams type confusion.(CVE-2018-15910)
- ghostscript: definemodifiedfont memory corruption if /typecheck is handled.(CVE-2018-16542)
- ghostscript: Stack-based out-of-bounds write in pdf_set_text_matrix function in gdevpdts.c (CVE-2018-10194)
- ghostscript: incorrect free logic in pagedevice replacement.(CVE-2018-16541)
- ghostscript:se-after-free in copydevice handling.(CVE-2018-16540)
- ghostscript:gssetresolution and gsgetresolution memory corruption.(CVE-2018-16543)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ghostscript packages.