New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.9
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3834 :
An update for ghostscript is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The Ghostscript suite contains utilities for rendering PostScript and PDF documents. Ghostscript translates PostScript code to common bitmap formats so that the code can be displayed or printed.
Security Fix(es) :
* ghostscript: Incorrect free logic in pagedevice replacement (699664) (CVE-2018-16541)
* ghostscript: Incorrect 'restoration of privilege' checking when running out of stack during exception handling (CVE-2018-16802)
* ghostscript: User-writable error exception table (CVE-2018-17183)
* ghostscript: Saved execution stacks can leak operator arrays (incomplete fix for CVE-2018-17183) (CVE-2018-17961)
* ghostscript: Saved execution stacks can leak operator arrays (CVE-2018-18073)
* ghostscript: 1Policy operator allows a sandbox protection bypass (CVE-2018-18284)
* ghostscript: Type confusion in setpattern (700141) (CVE-2018-19134)
* ghostscript: Improperly implemented security check in zsetdevice function in psi/zdevice.c (CVE-2018-19409)
* ghostscript: Uninitialized memory access in the aesdecode operator (699665) (CVE-2018-15911)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Tavis Ormandy (Google Project Zero) for reporting CVE-2018-16541.
Bug Fix(es) :
* It has been found that ghostscript-9.07-31.el7_6.1 introduced regression during the handling of shading objects, causing a 'Dropping incorrect smooth shading object' warning. With this update, the regression has been fixed and the described problem no longer occurs.
SolutionUpdate the affected ghostscript packages.