New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.5
SynopsisThe remote Virtuozzo host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAn update for java-1.8.0-openjdk is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The java-1.8.0-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 8 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 8 Java Software Development Kit.
Security Fix(es) :
* It was discovered that the DCG implementation in the RMI component of OpenJDK failed to correctly handle references. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of RMI registry or a Java RMI application. (CVE-2017-10102)
* Multiple flaws were discovered in the RMI, JAXP, ImageIO, Libraries, AWT, Hotspot, and Security components in OpenJDK. An untrusted Java application or applet could use these flaws to completely bypass Java sandbox restrictions. (CVE-2017-10107, CVE-2017-10096, CVE-2017-10101, CVE-2017-10089, CVE-2017-10090, CVE-2017-10087, CVE-2017-10111, CVE-2017-10110, CVE-2017-10074, CVE-2017-10067)
* It was discovered that the LDAPCertStore class in the Security component of OpenJDK followed LDAP referrals to arbitrary URLs. A specially crafted LDAP referral URL could cause LDAPCertStore to communicate with non-LDAP servers. (CVE-2017-10116)
* It was discovered that the Security component of OpenJDK could fail to properly enforce restrictions defined for processing of X.509 certificate chains. A remote attacker could possibly use this flaw to make Java accept certificate using one of the disabled algorithms.
* A covert timing channel flaw was found in the DSA implementation in the JCE component of OpenJDK. A remote attacker able to make a Java application generate DSA signatures on demand could possibly use this flaw to extract certain information about the used key via a timing side channel. (CVE-2017-10115)
* A covert timing channel flaw was found in the PKCS#8 implementation in the JCE component of OpenJDK. A remote attacker able to make a Java application repeatedly compare PKCS#8 key against an attacker controlled value could possibly use this flaw to determine the key via a timing side channel. (CVE-2017-10135)
* It was discovered that the BasicAttribute and CodeSource classes in OpenJDK did not limit the amount of memory allocated when creating object instances from a serialized form. A specially crafted serialized input stream could cause Java to consume an excessive amount of memory. (CVE-2017-10108, CVE-2017-10109)
* Multiple flaws were found in the Hotspot and Security components in OpenJDK. An untrusted Java application or applet could use these flaws to bypass certain Java sandbox restrictions. (CVE-2017-10081, CVE-2017-10193)
* It was discovered that the JPEGImageReader implementation in the 2D component of OpenJDK would, in certain cases, read all image data even if it was not used later. A specially crafted image could cause a Java application to temporarily use an excessive amount of CPU and memory.
Note: If the web browser plug-in provided by the icedtea-web package was installed, the issues exposed via Java applets could have been exploited without user interaction if a user visited a malicious website.
Note that Tenable Network Security has attempted to extract the preceding description block directly from the corresponding Red Hat security advisory. Virtuozzo provides no description for VZLSA advisories. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1.8.0-openjdk / java-1.8.0-openjdk-debug / etc package.