Scientific Linux Security Update : zsh on SL7.x x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 119204
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- zsh: Stack-based buffer overflow in gen_matches_files() at compctl.c (CVE-2018-1083)
- zsh: buffer overflow for very long fds in >& fd syntax (CVE-2014-10071)
- zsh: buffer overflow when scanning very long directory paths for symbolic links (CVE-2014-10072)
- zsh: NULL dereference in cd in sh compatibility mode under given circumstances (CVE-2017-18205)
- zsh: buffer overrun in symlinks (CVE-2017-18206)
- zsh: Stack-based buffer overflow in exec.c:hashcmd() (CVE-2018-1071)
- zsh: buffer overflow in utils.c:checkmailpath() can lead to local arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-1100)
- zsh: crash on copying empty hash table (CVE-2018-7549)
SolutionUpdate the affected zsh, zsh-debuginfo and / or zsh-html packages.