openSUSE Security Update : virtualbox (openSUSE-2018-1443)
High Nessus Plugin ID 119135
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for virtualbox fixes the following issues :
virtualbox was updated to version 5.2.22 (released November 09 2018 by Oracle).
Security issues fixed :
- Fixed a guest-to-host excape via the e1000 virtual network driver (bsc#1115041).
Non-security issues fixed :
- Audio: Fixed a regression in the Core Audio backend causing a hang when returning from host sleep when processing input buffers.
- Audio: Fixed a potential crash in the HDA emulation if a stream has no valid mixer sink attached.
- Linux Additions: Disable 3D for recent guests using Wayland (bug #18116).
- Linux Additions: Fix for rebuilding kernel modules for new kernels on RPM guests.
- Linux Additions: Further fixes for Linux 4.19.
- Linux Additions: Fixed errors rebuilding initrd files with dracut on EL 6 (bug 18055#).
- Linux Additions: Fixed 5.2.20 regression: guests not remembering the screen size after shutdown and restart (bug #18078).
SolutionUpdate the affected virtualbox packages.