Oracle Linux 7 : zsh (ELSA-2018-3073)
High Nessus Plugin ID 118769
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3073 :
An update for zsh is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The zsh shell is a command interpreter usable as an interactive login shell and as a shell script command processor. Zsh resembles the ksh shell (the Korn shell), but includes many enhancements. Zsh supports command-line editing, built-in spelling correction, programmable command completion, shell functions (with autoloading), a history mechanism, and more.
Security Fix(es) :
* zsh: Stack-based buffer overflow in gen_matches_files() at compctl.c (CVE-2018-1083)
* zsh: buffer overflow for very long fds in >& fd syntax (CVE-2014-10071)
* zsh: buffer overflow when scanning very long directory paths for symbolic links (CVE-2014-10072)
* zsh: NULL dereference in cd in sh compatibility mode under given circumstances (CVE-2017-18205)
* zsh: buffer overrun in symlinks (CVE-2017-18206)
* zsh: Stack-based buffer overflow in exec.c:hashcmd() (CVE-2018-1071)
* zsh: buffer overflow in utils.c:checkmailpath() can lead to local arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-1100)
* zsh: crash on copying empty hash table (CVE-2018-7549)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
The CVE-2018-1083, CVE-2018-1071, and CVE-2018-1100 issues were discovered by Richard Maciel Costa (Red Hat).
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected zsh packages.