RHEL 7 : zsh (RHSA-2018:3073)
High Nessus Plugin ID 118524
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for zsh is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security
impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each
vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The zsh shell is a command interpreter usable as an interactive login
shell and as a shell script command processor. Zsh resembles the ksh
shell (the Korn shell), but includes many enhancements. Zsh supports
command-line editing, built-in spelling correction, programmable
command completion, shell functions (with autoloading), a history
mechanism, and more.
Security Fix(es) :
* zsh: Stack-based buffer overflow in gen_matches_files() at compctl.c
* zsh: buffer overflow for very long fds in >& fd syntax
* zsh: buffer overflow when scanning very long directory paths for
symbolic links (CVE-2014-10072)
* zsh: NULL dereference in cd in sh compatibility mode under given
* zsh: buffer overrun in symlinks (CVE-2017-18206)
* zsh: Stack-based buffer overflow in exec.c:hashcmd() (CVE-2018-1071)
* zsh: buffer overflow in utils.c:checkmailpath() can lead to local
arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-1100)
* zsh: crash on copying empty hash table (CVE-2018-7549)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a
CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s)
listed in the References section.
The CVE-2018-1083, CVE-2018-1071, and CVE-2018-1100 issues were
discovered by Richard Maciel Costa (Red Hat).
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 7.6 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected zsh, zsh-debuginfo and / or zsh-html packages.