openSUSE Security Update : wpa_supplicant (openSUSE-2018-1316)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 118487
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for wpa_supplicant provides the following fixes :
This security issues was fixe :
- CVE-2018-14526: Under certain conditions, the integrity
of EAPOL-Key messages was not checked, leading to a
decryption oracle. An attacker within range of the
Access Point and client could have abused the
vulnerability to recover sensitive information
These non-security issues were fixed :
- Fix reading private key passwords from the configuration
- Enable PWD as EAP method. This allows for password-based
authentication, which is easier to setup than most of
the other methods, and is used by the Eduroam network.
- compile eapol_test binary to allow testing via radius
proxy and server (note: this does not match
CONFIG_EAPOL_TEST which sets -Werror and activates an
assert call inside the code of wpa_supplicant)
- Enabled timestamps in log file when being invoked by
systemd service file (bsc#1080798).
- Fixes the default file permissions of the debug log file
to more sane values, i.e. it is no longer world-readable
- Open the debug log file with O_CLOEXEC, which will
prevent file descriptor leaking to child processes
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected wpa_supplicant packages.