openSUSE Security Update : wpa_supplicant (openSUSE-2018-1316)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 118487
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for wpa_supplicant provides the following fixes :
This security issues was fixe :
- CVE-2018-14526: Under certain conditions, the integrity of EAPOL-Key messages was not checked, leading to a decryption oracle. An attacker within range of the Access Point and client could have abused the vulnerability to recover sensitive information (bsc#1104205)
These non-security issues were fixed :
- Fix reading private key passwords from the configuration file. (bsc#1099835)
- Enable PWD as EAP method. This allows for password-based authentication, which is easier to setup than most of the other methods, and is used by the Eduroam network.
- compile eapol_test binary to allow testing via radius proxy and server (note: this does not match CONFIG_EAPOL_TEST which sets -Werror and activates an assert call inside the code of wpa_supplicant) (bsc#1111873), (fate#326725)
- Enabled timestamps in log file when being invoked by systemd service file (bsc#1080798).
- Fixes the default file permissions of the debug log file to more sane values, i.e. it is no longer world-readable (bsc#1098854).
- Open the debug log file with O_CLOEXEC, which will prevent file descriptor leaking to child processes (bsc#1098854).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected wpa_supplicant packages.