openSUSE Security Update : clamav (openSUSE-2018-1310)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 118483
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for clamav fixes the following issues :
clamav was updated to version 0.100.2 :
- CVE-2018-15378: Vulnerability in ClamAV's MEW unpacking feature that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition on an affected device. (bsc#1110723)
- CVE-2018-14680, CVE-2018-14681, CVE-2018-14682: more fixes for embedded libmspack. (bsc#1103040)
- Make freshclam more robust against lagging signature mirrors.
- On-Access 'Extra Scanning', an opt-in minor feature of OnAccess scanning on Linux systems, has been disabled due to a known issue with resource cleanup OnAccessExtraScanning will be re-enabled in a future release when the issue is resolved. In the mean-time, users who enabled the feature in clamd.conf will see a warning informing them that the feature is not active.
For details, see:
- Restore exit code compatibility of freshclam with versions before 0.100.0 when the virus database is already up to date (bsc#1104457).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected clamav packages.